Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Animals that you like but would suck at being

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Elsewhere, I've seen wolves described as "warm, fluffy tornadoes with fangs". That one, I like. Edit: Found the reference.

I used to be all restless energy. On better days, thyroid-wise, I still can be. I'm definitely determined. I might go on a long hike with a friend when my feet are all blistered and very sore. It feels ableist of me, but I'm impatient with slow walkers, at least when the perceived reason for their slow walking is that they're chatting away.

But nah, for me, it's either manic energy or sloth. I'm a little less high-strung than I used to be. More comfortable relaxing. Even on days of imperfect hormone levels, though, my mind is always moving.
    I love that description for wolves because it fits me to a tee! I'm also similar in that I'm either very energetic (usually around friends, doing something fun) or else lazy. I've often wondered if it's thyroid-related or some other health reason.

Therian Thought: Fall is coming! Let the Season of the Wolf begin! *howls*

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & cat| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Jaguars. (Even the "imperfect jaguars" noted in The Toronto Star.) Or most big cats.

The brawn? Meet scrawny muscle, the yawn. The everyday muscle of those WHO DON'T NEED TO SHOW OFF AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

The incessant urging that jaguar therians or kintypes or totem or spirit guide-types feel to GET SHIT DONE? That only manifests in me as coyote or wolf. Restless, sure, but that only goes so far even with wild canids who are distance runners. I'm no longer a distance runner due to luck, injury, and ableism. Jaguar's "I am Hannibal Lector on steroids" schtick makes me tired. I'm fine with swimming, though, and I used to be adept at climbing trees even using only my legs.

I'd love to be a charismatic parkour kitty like snow leopards, but my body isn't feeling it.

Blog Entries

Either jaguars or wolves in general. I suck at hunting, even though I have a strong need to do so. I just would not be able to live as either one of them and if werewolves were real, I would suck being them too.

Blog Entries

Hmm. You identify as a werewolf, but you can't identify with them?

I'm not trying to challenge you. I'm trying to understand.

I wonder if the wolf's need for the pack really is analogous to human cliques. Snotty human cliques. If so, I want nothing to do with it. Nothing pisses me off faster except for cults of personality or wanton sadism. My social behaviour is not at all analogous to that of a pack animal, not because of instinct or need per se, but because I'm not one of the polished, respectable autistics who people generally actually like. I'm a misfit. Social, but not less of a misfit for it. It's made me wonder if I'm animal enough or therian enough when coyotes in reality team up in packs and I'm just not used to that kind of immediate acceptance and deep bonding, not even with family.

But NTs have a lot to answer for. Shunning and exiling people for the crime of already being outcasts. Unthinking respect for neurotypical strangers because of a social efficacy they've been gifted with at birth, instead of being a skill they've consciously worked on for decades. Lurking on Werelist just to read and feel superior to the outcasts.