Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animals that you like but would suck at being

Blog Entries

I've never related to anything aquatic. I'm not sure I've even been anything aquatic in DREAMS, and I've been everything from insects and rodents to mythological creatures in my dreams.

Ichthyology is the only vertebrate -ology I never took in college. Just could not muster the interest.

It's just so foreign to me.

I don't think i'd make a good lemur or gibbon, I don't have the coordination!

Most animals really.
    I'd say dog though! I don't really relate well to dog experiences. Or canines in general, even.
    And, oh idk walruses? I take one look at a walrus and I'm like "how does it work."

Either insects, all those legs/eyes would be weird, so would being so small. Or else something from the primate family because I find them creepy.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    something from the primate family because I find them creepy.
    Holy hell, this. I could maybe accept lemur, but otherwie, hell naw. It's creepy enough being a human, haha.

It's funny talking to other biologists about animals that we are nervous of. I know many biologists who are scared of snakes or spiders, like your average person. Steve Irwin was scared of parrots. People seem amused that it's primates that get to me. Even capuchin monkeys make my hair stand on end. N o p e.

Blog Entries

*makes spooky noises at kiso and elinox*

I'd probably suck at being a domestic dog, not obedient enough. Too much of a contrarian.

Blog Entries

Given my track record with other things, I can't imagine an animal I would suck at being. Especially not among the ones I like. Maybe a crane fly? I mean, even crane flies suck at being crane flies. It comes with the territory. I can't think of any others.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopori View Post
    *makes spooky noises at kiso and elinox*
    Ha, I knew you'd come after me someday! I can hear that low hooting sound now! :P

I think squirrel monkeys are okay, and maybe lemurs, but not much else (Lopori aside of course!) that's a primate, humans included.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    Given my track record with other things, I can't imagine an animal I would suck at being. Especially not among the ones I like. Maybe a crane fly? I mean, even crane flies suck at being crane flies. It comes with the territory. I can't think of any others.
    I feel this way about june bugs. They always seem to be struggling to exist.

Yes about the junebugs! They're all over my front porch and it's like...they don't know how to fly. They land on their backs and flail their legs around until they miraculously catch something to pull themselves up. Then they take off and whack into the side of the house again. Rinse and repeat. Their entire lives.