Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Animals that you like but would suck at being

Blog Entries

June bugs. I remember playing badminton in a friend's backyard. Thwack! There's a june bug in the racket, half of it on one side and half of it on the other. (We were both laughing hysterically.)

Poor moths have to be freaking out all the time. Speed of Animals.

"If you're six feet tall, 10 miles per hour probably doesn't feel very fast. But what if you were just six inches tall, like a squirrel? Relative to the size of your body 10 mph would be quite a bit faster. This site shows the top speeds of animals, and how fast they would be going if they were your size (ie, what their speed feels like to them)."

Southern dart moth: top speed 48.4 km/h. That moth's subjective speed: Feels like 2178 km/h. No wonder they navigate like they're on drugs.

I have too many animals I like but I don't think whether I like them or not matters. I'm pretty sure that I would suck at being any animal that isn't a coyote/coywolf. I already kinda tried that out in a therian sense and got thrown back harder to being a coyote each time no matter what I did. I couldn't be anything else except temporarily (like a cameo shift) because personal truth isn't easily kept down.
    Last edited by Berlin; June 17th, 2020 at 10:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    I have too many animals I like but I don't think whether I like them or not matters. I'm pretty sure that I would suck at being any animal that isn't a coyote/coywolf. I already kinda tried that out in a therian sense and got thrown back harder to being a coyote each time no matter what I did. I couldn't be anything else except temporarily (like a cameo shift) because personal truth isn't easily kept down.
    I feel this! I used to know a very gifted person who could take on different animal mindsets, from big cat to various primates to various wild canines to a crow stretching its wings, not in that specific order. I'm not nearly that talented. Coyote definitely seems to be the core, even if I ... cameo shift, I suppose, into various species that aren't always canine.

I've never really related to aquatic species, like Kisota, although there was a dream that had me in orca shape, because why not. I wish that these cameo shifts and/or dreams were realistic enough that I'd grok what it means to be that animal, but nah, I can't claim to know what it's like to be something I'm not.