Thread: Quote of the Day

Blog Entries

Default Quote of the Day

I have a huge collection of quotes from people I've encountered online. Most, I can't post here.

What quote or saying resonates with you lately?

I consulted the moderator team before starting this thread. Because of Werelist's "neutral ground" policy, I'd like to request that we only post quotes from public figures who wouldn't mind being quoted here, unless you have someone's specific permission.

My new signature quote: "That isn't my fault," said Coyote, as the rain began to fall. "That really isn't my fault." ―Thomas King, Green Grass, Running Water

“OH. DRAMA.
    Oh, hell.”
    ―Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man (Death is speaking)

"God did answer your prayer; He said 'No.'" ―Unknown

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME... SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

―Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Blog Entries

"I've done something useless! Does that make me civilzed?" - Kom, Le château des singes (Some english dubbed french film I saw on youtube.) I might make it my signature.
    Last edited by Lopori; January 24th, 2016 at 07:27 AM.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

My signature( a quote from Bill Cipher) pleases me immensely. A lot of my favorite quotes aren't even all that meaningful or important, I just like to say them. If I like to say them, if I like the way the words feel in my mouth, they become a favorite quote. Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" thrill me.
    Reality is an illusion, the universe is hologram, buy gold, bye!

"The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!"

When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, You put water into a bowl, it becomes the bowl, You put water into a teapot , it becomes the teapot, Be water my friend. Bruce Lee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, You put water into a bowl, it becomes the bowl, You put water into a teapot , it becomes the teapot, Be water my friend. Bruce Lee
    I note that those are vessels used for *drinking* water.

Arthur Dent: "What are you doing?"
    Ford Prefect: "Preparing for hyperspace. It's rather unpleasantly like being drunk."
    Arthur Dent: "What's so wrong about being drunk?"
    Ford Prefect: "Ask a glass of water."

Forever Running, RunningRed

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRed View Post
    I note that those are vessels used for *drinking* water.

Arthur Dent: "What are you doing?"
    Ford Prefect: "Preparing for hyperspace. It's rather unpleasantly like being drunk."
    Arthur Dent: "What's so wrong about being drunk?"
    Ford Prefect: "Ask a glass of water."

HAHA, Very funny. Rubs your head. The book of 5 rings, Quotes. It will be difficult at first, But everything is difficult at first. Death in the midst of life.