Thread: Gifts from friends

Blog Entries

Default Gifts from friends

This is a thread I think has not been made before so I thought I would make this. I have a good friend that I have known for twelve years now who knows about my therianthropy. When I went to visit California IA earlier this year, he gave me a gift that was dear to me. He knows about my theriantheopy, and it is a gift that symbolized to be that he is accepting of it. I thought that I would show you all and ask if a friend has done this for you all as well in anyway. The best thing about this statue he gave me is that the back theft foot matches my own left foot in a way. My foot has a light tan birthmark covering it just as this statues' paw is the only one with a different color than the other paws.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BFMiyYKOe6k/
    The world will only change when fear is overcome

Blog Entries

Oh that's really neat! He made it? It looks handmade.

I've never gotten a gift like that, since no one knows about it. I don't even want to talk about cormorants with anyone because I'm afraid that I'll screw up somewhere and they'll catch on.

Blog Entries

I got "Potman", a "Cultivation Kit with Re-Usable Figure". It's a little blue posable figure that carries a tiny potted plant on it's back. One of the poses it's designed for is clinging to a pole like a sloth. Also it's blue. I got it from Kokorobosoi with a card explicitly stating that it reminded him of me and that's why he got it for me.

He also gave me a plushie enderman from Minecraft, taped to a stick in a slothy sort of pose. The slenderness and limb proportions reminded him of me.

(A Minecraft plushie seems like a bit of an oxymoron though.. XD)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Oh that's really neat! He made it? It looks handmade.

I've never gotten a gift like that, since no one knows about it. I don't even want to talk about cormorants with anyone because I'm afraid that I'll screw up somewhere and they'll catch on.
    When I was younger I felt that way. I was lucky enough to have both friends and family that are accepting about it. There are only few , such as the friend who gave me this statue (box says it was made in China but it's alright) actually talk to me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSloth View Post
    I got "Potman", a "Cultivation Kit with Re-Usable Figure". It's a little blue posable figure that carries a tiny potted plant on it's back. One of the poses it's designed for is clinging to a pole like a sloth. Also it's blue. I got it from Kokorobosoi with a card explicitly stating that it reminded him of me and that's why he got it for me.

He also gave me a plushie enderman from Minecraft, taped to a stick in a slothy sort of pose. The slenderness and limb proportions reminded him of me.

(A Minecraft plushie seems like a bit of an oxymoron though.. XD)
    Nothing wrong with minecraft. That's really neat that your friend put an effort in something that reminded him of you. I like the idea of the reusable figure as well. It's cool how people can pick out things thay remind them of others. At times I wonder why but mostly think it's ingeresting. The idea of a enderman in a sloth pose is funny to think about. (Which pose is my question). Awesome either way.
    The world will only change when fear is overcome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charliepaw View Post
    Nothing wrong with minecraft.
    I mean Minecraft is so blocky and hard edged that making plushies from it is amusingly paradoxical.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliepaw View Post
    That's really neat that your friend put an effort in something that reminded him of you. I like the idea of the reusable figure as well. It's cool how people can pick out things thay remind them of others. At times I wonder why but mostly think it's ingeresting. The idea of a enderman in a sloth pose is funny to think about. (Which pose is my question). Awesome either way.
    It's upside down below a horizontal stick, with the head at the lowest point, with all four limbs grabbing the stick.

Sometimes I've seen things that remind me of him, but they tend to be really expensive dragon statues. Maybe I need to be more imaginative and less literal XD