Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your favorite kind of meat?

See every single Beggin' Strips commercial to date for my answer. How is this even a contest? Nothing in it's simplest form tastes as good as nice pan-fried bacon, unless you count turkey bacon, which I do not because it needs stuff to taste as good as the classic porkiness. Sure, you can make turkey really good, same with beef, some pork, (I have never enjoyed a pork chop, no matter how you make it. How something can be so bland stock that it is not good with stuff that makes other meat amazing I do not know. Maybe my tongue is stupid.) chicken, and just about anything, but bacon needs no introduction. Throw it on a pan and bam, it's making every other meat better simply my existing alongside it!

You know I am hungry when anorexic me is pushing bacon like I have evoked the spirit of Billy Mays. But seriously, it's BACON! xP
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

As far as I know, bacon is one of the most harmful and fatty types of meat. It may be tasty, but very harmful to metabolism. Or am I wrong?

to be honest I've eaten everything from flame roasted fish to buffalo and snake and if i had to say a favorite i have to say it would be venison a nice deer steak lightly seared to a rare especially for breakfast with a side of eggs covered in a smokey chipotle sauce... and now I'm hungry heh.
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    Jean Rostand, Thoughts of a Biologist (1939)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Wolf View Post
    to be honest I've eaten everything from flame roasted fish to buffalo and snake and if i had to say a favorite i have to say it would be venison a nice deer steak lightly seared to a rare especially for breakfast with a side of eggs covered in a smokey chipotle sauce... and now I'm hungry heh.
    Now I'm hungry too. Venison's also my favourite meat so far.

Jerky's good because it's tough and chewy, but unfortunately it's not as common in the UK as it is in North America. I really want to try bison jerky at some point.

Venison, fish-the more wild and oceany the taste the better-, chicken, beef, and other meats. I’d like to try more games meats someday. I don’t like pork chop for some reason, but other kinds of pork are good.

I rarely eat meat that I didn't personally kill, though I'm not fanatic about it and will have good quality meat in restaurants if I feel like it. I'm just spoiled for good farm and hunted meat which makes it difficult to enjoy the commercial factory farmed stuff. I particularly have a hard time eating pork and chicken from commercial sources since the flavor and texture is so radically different, except for pastured local pork. Even that doesn't have the delicious aroma that I enjoy from a mature boar, either hunted or bought as a retired breeder for butchering. They butcher things way too young. If I can't get back to an area I can hunt feral hogs, I need to buy another retired Berkshire boar and put away some charcuterie as I'm nearly out.

Beef is one of the few things that I'm usually okay with from a commercial source, but I'd still rather have my own when I have time and space to butcher a steer. I haven't for awhile though. I have a giant farm sized freezer but it's pretty full since I take my limit of deer every year and butcher some ridiculous amounts of everything else too.

My favorite meats are duck, venison, mature boar pork and a good dry aged beef steak. Though the 30 roosters I am butchering this week for other farmers (who mostly don't even want them back) have been quite delectable as they're at a perfect eating age during the cull. Which isn't always the case. There is a constant steady flow of cull roosters from multiple farms into my butchering setup, which I like just fine.

I have too much meat. I've been feeding people in need in my community and donating a ton since Covid hit, but I need to do more of that to make room for deer season in September. Can't quite manage to eat a whole deer up fresh, as hard as I sometimes try!

Favorite kind of meat.? Is now Meatless foods. I have cut back a great deal of eating meat. It's really not good for you. Veggies and fruit are much better for the human body then is meat like beef and chicken. I have been eating veggie burgers and rice now. The only meat I been eating is turkey burgers from time to time.

The best meat I ever ate was young moose. It was just perfect. We had significant amount of it during one therian meet, and it disappeared surprisingly quickly!

In the north there is no problem to store large amounts of meat during the winter, and in warm period of year it's possible to make large freezer that doesn't require energy, and can maintain temperatures up to -14° С (7 °F) for almost half of the year. It use ice from the winter, salt and good thermal insulation. Sufficient to freeze the whole moose) It's just my dream. I would be so much happier if I had a frozen moose...

Wood grouse are nice. The meat is more or less usual, big wild forest chicken. But I absolutely love how they smells, and it's nice to tear them with the teeth. I have a bunch of wood grouse feathers, just to smell them from time to time)

Also this bird was surprisingly tasty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-breasted_merganser. It's a fish-eating duck. I hunt it once, and was not expected that they could be so delicious. However, some hunters I met didn't find them particularly tasty, so, it may depend on conditions...
    Last edited by Forest Wind; July 8th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.

Blog Entries

My favourite meat is still raw meat.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.