7 25.00%
  • Sometimes outside, like if it's warm or I'm not going too far

19 67.86%
  • Always, wherever I go

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone go barefoot?

Default Anyone go barefoot?

Any therians go barefoot? Seems like the kind of thing that someone with an animal nature would prefer.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

Sometimes. I have some Vibrams (the individual toe shoes) to have more of a (bare) paw feeling. However my "becoming an animal" fears are still too high. I will have to wait until I am on a higher dose of my antidepressant to wear them.
    Last edited by AziMWolf; May 30th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AziMWolf View Post
    However my "becoming an animal" fears are still too high.
    There's nothing to worry about, it's OK to be wolfy sometimes. :-)
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

I do at home and if I'm wandering around somewhere grassy. Otherwise I don't since walking barefoot on concrete is not fun and driving barefoot is a no go. I wear sandals as much as possible otherwise.

I do not, other than at home, or if at the beach/in the water. Sometimes in the grass if I'm feeling particularly daring. I live just a few miles from where Lyme disease was discovered and thus named so I try to limit my chances of ticks biting me. I also had a run in with red ants and barefeet as a child. And I have had way too many friends state they stepped on bees, wasps, etc. Not to mention, spiders like to hide in grass and I have a hard enough time with them with shoes on.

So, no. I very rarely go barefoot unless it's an obvious barefoot kind of area [beaches, water, etc]. Even then, I'd really just prefer to wear shoes. The only time where I don't mind being barefoot is inside or in the pool.

Blog Entries

I don't except for places like the beach/swimming areas. I have the unerring ability to step on things that injure me - Glass, Nails, Bees, you name it, I've stepped on it. I wear mostly thick soled boots because of it now.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

I would go everywhere barefoot if it was socially acceptable! But it's not haha.

I'm always barefoot at home, and in spring/summer/autumn I go barefoot when I walk to the nearby creek. So I'm barefoot at all times when I can be. My feet are pretty strong 'cuz of it. I haven't been doing it as much recently since I've been busy, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Any therians go barefoot? Seems like the kind of thing that someone with an animal nature would prefer.
    I go barefoot both at home and outside but only when its warm outside and at the beach but not on the boardwalk. Also going for a walk outside but only around the block but I rarely do that for fear of any broken glass that maybe on the ground. If I could I think I would walk around barefoot all the time and around town as well.

Blog Entries

I probably go barefoot a little more than most. I spend a lot of time outdoors both for work and pleasure. A lot of the country I trek is pretty rough... just bought more merino wool socks today, and my new waterproofed leather boots are already taking a solid beating...

Between rattlesnakes, prickly pears, sharp grass, ant nests, shale, and cracked earth, there are many reasons NOT to go barefoot... which sounds directly contrary to how I started this post. My point is that although I'm often in places I should not and do not go barefoot... if you spend enough time out there, you end up being barefoot sometimes even when it's unwise. Lots of tip-toeing out to pee at night and such. But most of the time? Nah, I'm too careful. I don't even wear sandals much because I like to feel safe and solid on my feet.

I hate to wear socks indoors at all and ESPECIALLY in bed; socks in bed is hell.

Yeah I have bad problems with feet sweat so I rarely wear socks at home unless I am wearing shoes, and I walk on sidewalks and decks barefoot, but I really dont tend to go on crass barefoot because we have a problem with Broken glass shards in the soil.

Also there are quite a few insects including spiders that id rather not put my bare feet near in the grass.

Also I have a bad problem with rocks and stuff cutting between my toes.