Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that annoy me about the human body

Default Things that annoy me about the human body

This is a list of the main things that annoy me about the human body so far. I'll add more if I think of any. Feel free to post your own here as well.
    • Dewclaws are too long and feel oversized and get in the way.
    • Hind legs are too long for efficient quadrupedal movement.
    • Head is attached at the wrong angle in relation to the neck and body, meaning that it is difficult/impossible to look forwards when the body is horizontal, making quadrupedal movement difficult and forcing the head to be placed to the side (and/or on its side) when lying down instead of pointing forwards.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

What annoy me about the human body is that I can not run on all fours, I don't have a tail, or claws, or fangs and the jaw strength to bite through bone. No fur just human hair that does not protect against anything. No natural night vision. No animal heighted senses.

Blog Entries

Things that annoy me about the human body- from my kintypes perspective:

-Not long enough, especially around the neck and torso
    -Awkward movement on all fours...I'd at least like a semi-bipedal option
    -Seems very fragile and weak
    -Stuck in a single given form (a nono from a changeling's perspective)
    -Doesn't seem balanced the way I'd like it to be
    -Could use a stronger stomach
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

-Not enough arm and too much leg.
    -Hands too dainty.
    -TOES TOO STIFF AND USELESS.
    -The bulbous nose.
    -Crappy weak teeth with small fangs.
    -Not flexible enough, hips too stiff
    -Not enough hair
    -High fat percentage, compared to my theriotype where your average female has only 5%
    -Weird neck placement
    -Almost everything else
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

A few others have mentioned these already but I've also thought of them before so I'll post them myself:
    • No proper fur.
    • Blunt teeth.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

From a theriotype aspect..
    nose isn't long enough,
    sense of smell not keen enough
    mine isn't very good for long-winded running
    no flight
    ears don't actually move/swivel.
    vocal chords don't allow for proper vocalization
    quadrupedal movement is terrible
    ... I may have to come back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia Nightside View Post
    nose isn't long enough
    I can agree with that, although it's more of an aesthetic thing (at least for me). I was referring more to things that are actually annoying when performing daily tasks, such as my dewclaws being too long, being unable to walk on four legs and having to walk on two, and so on. Although I must agree that the human nose is pathetic (both in shape and function) compared to what should be there.
    ears don't actually move/swivel
    Mine don't either but my phantom wolf ears do. What's strange is when I get the feeling of having two sets of ears, although sometimes when the phantom wolf ears are particularly strong I don't feel my human ears anymore and it almost sounds as though I'm hearing from a different place (if that makes sense - sound doesn't sound like it's coming from the sides of my head, but from the top and from whichever direction my wolf ears are facing, sometimes I can move them and hear sounds from different directions).
    vocal chords don't allow for proper vocalization
    With practice and when I'm particularly m-shifted I can actually howl and growl very realistically. Sometimes I wonder if there isn't much limitation in the vocal chords at all, but just in the mindset (with a wolf mindset, I can produce wolf vocalisations easily).

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to quote and reply to so many points. I hope this didn't come across as "picking apart" what you said.
    Psychological therian.

What I like the least is the constant need to exercise to stay in decent shape. A lot of animals seem to recline a lot and still manage a decent physique but when I do it I'm horribly weak. Lucky for me my cheetah metabolism keeps me thin, but I have the darndest time getting fit.
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    What I like the least is the constant need to exercise to stay in decent shape.
    That's not so much a consequence of a human body as it is a consequence of modern society. Even animals need a certain amount of exercise, and if they're kept in conditions where they don't naturally get the required exercise (e.g. captive animals) then it is required to give them exercise in addition to what they get carrying out normal activities (such as people walking their dogs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    A lot of animals seem to recline a lot and still manage a decent physique but when I do it I'm horribly weak.
    Despite what I said in my previous response about animals needing exercise, one must also remember that different kinds of animals need different amounts of exercise. Animals that are designed to lie around a lot won't require as much exercise. But humans aren't designed for the little amount of physical activity that they get in modern society, but are designed to be very physically active - which is why, just like an animal that's kept in conditions that don't match it's natural exercise requirements, humans have to exercise in addition to performing their other activities.
    Psychological therian.

Micheal is right, My dogs use to be thin and now my vet doctor said there fat, That is mostly because I don't have the time to walk them like I use too but we can still run around our backyard. As for me, My weight is around 209.5 but I feel I need to do more besides just walking a few miles every few days or weeks. The reason why wild animals are in such great shape is because they need to chase down there food, Where a human can just walk to a store and buy there food and not have to run down a chicken wing from K.F.C.