Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

I got sick of getting overdone burgers and started ordering them "as rare as you're willing to cook it" despite the risk. (Grinding meat mixes surface bacteria throughout, so unlike with steak, which can generally be safely eaten rare so long as the surface is seared, eating undercooked ground meat is kind of risky).

Worth the risk to me, honestly. And I usually only order burgers of this kind from the more high-end burger pubs anyway. I've once or twice gotten some VERY undercooked burgers, but even that is way tastier to me than grey, springy, pebbly overdone burger.

My favorite local place is happy to cook them properly rare, on house-made brioche, everything local-ish. They have a fantastic burger with lettuce, pickled red onion, bacon onion jam, garlic aioli, and gruyere. They also do the very best hand-cut fresh fries, my favorite style. Hnnng.

I want to disappear and not be found. This isn't me talking out of depression or shame, but rather...a simple fact. I kind of want to leave everything behind and have it be an eternal mystery what happened to me.

*Of course, there's the irony of my posting this on a public forum. How badly do I want to go missing? Not as much as I enjoy my current life, I suppose. But I like to think about going missing. It's a comforting thought, a "way out" if you will, a way to counter my own fears. I can always get lost.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; June 21st, 2020 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I want to disappear and not be found. This isn't me talking out of depression or shame, but rather...a simple fact. I kind of want to leave everything behind and have it be an eternal mystery what happened to me.
    You might relate to this tweet I saved back in 2019.

Or one of my favourite Offspring songs, "The Future Is Now":

Will you take what's in my head
    And erase me when I'm dead
    Cause the future is now
    Now I'm disappearing

The day has turned to night
    Can you save me from the light?
    Cause the future is here
    This is how I disappear
    Full lyrics here. Once I get my next car, I'm going to be so tempted to just start driving anywhere, maybe northward onto the Trans-Canada Highway, and vanishing.

Blog Entries

I wish I could afford whatever certain people in the were community are on. It's bad out there.

Edit: To offset the snark, I'm digging Kisota's new icon.

bacon onion jam
    I like the idea of this. Now I'm looking for a recipe.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; June 25th, 2020 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Thank you, CJ, I'm diggin' the new icon too. It's been ages since I did commissions, but the ones I got this month were donations to bail funds and POC queer causes, so it feels nice. The person who did this icon is a dhole person, Ruedi Cass, who used to brand himself as therian, though I don't know he does anymore.

It's a little "furry style" for my taste, a little cute, but damn, he did a perfect job interpreting what I was going for with my reference, and I appreciate that a ton. It's fun to do this stuff. I want to do more art trades, honestly.

And OOF, yeah, I should try making bacon onion jam sometime. It's an absolutely mind-blowing ingredient on a burger. Someday I really want to make spicy jelly. Raspberry jalapeno, preferably from my own plants. Dare to dream, I guess.
    Last edited by Kisota; June 28th, 2020 at 09:08 PM.

Hi all, Dunno if you remember me or not! I mainly check in a couple times a year these days. Still searching for Bluewing, if anyone has any leads please please please message me!!!
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

For no real reason other than procrastination, I've been taking a dive into therian YouTube for the first time in ages. It's (mostly) as weird and edgy as always.

With that said, I did stumble across an old video that I first saw a few years ago and a handful of times since. There's something about it that I find oddly captivating beyond the actual information that it communicates, but I can't quite put my finger on what. It gives me a similar vibe to other videos, forum posts, etc. that are old and have few views, particularly if the creator had clearly put at least a decent amount of time and effort into them. Not sure if anybody else gets what I'm trying to say...

Other than that, I also want to chime in with the love for Kisota's new avatar!
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

It is a very good avatar.

The butterfly weed is blooming, and the blazing star looks like it will be blooming very soon. I'll grab images.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I'm just not a sociopath!

But I pretended to be one for a little while.

Nor was I ever diagnosed with anything worse than PTSD, like AsPD. Years ago, I wanted to understand various types of inborn neurological setups like ADHD or autism, which apply to me, and antisocial personality disorder, which didn't apply to me. I even cribbed some quotes from books by Augusten Burroughs (who sometimes strikes me as obnoxious and in love with himself), quite honestly.

If you're here to praise IQ and intellect, this might hurt you viscerally, but please don't buy into an ableist and racist set of viewpoints.

This post absolutely does not, let me repeat that, does not condemn anyone here on Werelist who might be labelled "antisocial". I've only used myself as an example, as someone playing a role.

I tend not to like people who intentionally hurt others. Whether it's animal or human. And even if the malice is directed at a human individual. So, so, so many people use animal symbology or therianthropy to win an "argument by intimidation". They help to show everyone how cruel my own reality is, like a wealthy man getting his younger woman fired, to take over her position while planning to get it on with her. (This sounds familiar because it's happened with me. I hate fraternity-mindedness and boyzones.)

Which isn't to say that antisocial people are lesser-than. Either way, getting outside always beats their hatred.

I'm boringly average, personally, except that I apparently have "too much personality" because I love everything. I love being alive. I love the way I move, cautiously and focused and attentive. I love the way I sometimes connect the dots when most can't. I love my bad faith. I love my animality. I love how my animality extends into my private life and my personal life and my sexual life (I suppose; I'm saying that I care about trust first and foremost). The world is just awesome. People suck pretty often.

How can you be a humanist and also a predatory animal, as someone asked in another thread?

I sincerely don't know. It's not my own judgment to make. I'm just not an antisocial character. Which isn't meant to disparage anyone here on WereList. If anything, I'm the opposite: I'd love to hear your own stories. I don't know if I could kill a human being. How can we reconcile that societal taboo with the harm we've inflicted on nonhuman animals as a biologically human animal?

@ Kisota: anyone who loves dholes is in my good graces. Such a curiosity-sparking charismatic megafauna species. With my wildlife courses, I'm aware of different possible outcomes for my own future. My best outcomes are studying the behaviour of wild or tame cats, urban wildlife, or underrated species like the dhole, animals who don't even need to find their "best angles" because all of their angles are good.

@ Lupus Paws: Ahh, I wish I could watch that video on the Tails OS! YouTube has blacklisted operating systems that use Tor or various VPNs, as far as I'm aware, since videos that aren't hosted on YouTube work fine. But I WILL listen to the podcast after I wipe my system and go with something relatively benign like Windows or Ubuntu.

@ Cheetah: Awesome; it's going very well over here as well. Blazing star included! Along with very many blue and black and red flowers. I'm growing sweet pea pumpkins because I ADORE Halloween, along with watermelon and artichoke, along with the herbs and the gemstone "Indian" corn.

If you can, pleae do share those pictures.

Daily thought"

Ah, so, I used to play different people on the internet as a way of interpreting and intuitively understanding the mindset of a sociopath or psychopath. I pretended to have AsPD. It didn't serve me well. I ended up as the target of massive harassment campaign afterward, by Anonymous, trying to make me look completely evil.

Point being: yes, you do become who you pretend to be, and it's self-destructive and even stupid to trust relative strangers, or even your family and friends, sometimes.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; June 30th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.

Realizing that I'm a bit of a cormorant in the metaphorical sense as well.
    I need some willpower lol