Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 771 to 780 of 780

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

  1. #771
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    3,688
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    I understand that outlook, though a lot of people are not very artistic or don't really know what suits them. They end up getting a commission because they want something that is representative of them and perhaps a bit more defined than a stick figure.

    I often find myself thinking in this manner about many different forms and mediums of art. In a way every story is a retelling of another story already written. The names and places change but the story is the same. Love, conflict, triumph. A million representations of the same thing. The personal touch is what makes it unique. For example how many paintings of Jesus are there ? Yet they are all different the artist puts a bit of themselves into it. Lacking the ability to properly represent ones vision shouldn't hinder the sense of self one feels with a piece of art, in such a case the artist is merely the driver whom brings you to the destination you seek.

    Just kinda my take on that.
    Well, sure, I totally understand that; and I am more than happy to be that artist and help bring to life personal things for people. My statement was only about my personal preferences, not about how I feel about tattoos in general.

    If I had the ability, I think I would frankly prefer to DO the tattooing myself! I could go real folk-punk and give myself a stick-poke, I guess, but that's... uh, not recommended, haha!

  2. #772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Well, sure, I totally understand that; and I am more than happy to be that artist and help bring to life personal things for people. My statement was only about my personal preferences, not about how I feel about tattoos in general.

    If I had the ability, I think I would frankly prefer to DO the tattooing myself! I could go real folk-punk and give myself a stick-poke, I guess, but that's... uh, not recommended, haha!

    I support this statement. xD

    I totally understand that as well, as much as I'd like to get several commissions done for myself I've been kind of biding my time until my skill progresses so I can do my own work, last few years I haven't really had the time or energy to put the effort I want into working on my drawing skills, been told I'm pretty decent I just haven't gotten my groove back. Also been learning about 3D modeling and am excited to spend more time working on that as well..... I also have plans to start work on a fursuit and a few other things lol. DIY all the way. Even beyond that though I have this idea for like a solar vegetable garden, I need to do a schematic and a workup for voltage estimations and such, but how cool would a semi automated garden be..... and then there's the drones ..... Toxic tells me I'm a mad scientist. It's cute.

  3. #773
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    94
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Welcome back, Alliana!

    I've decided to share Kiso's tattoo design for me. I am in love with it. I'm setting up a date to have it inked on my upper left arm hopefully next month. Might go with basic black or might ask my artist to fill in the white spaces with red.
    Love the design! If I got a tattoo I’d probably go for my own art, but absolutely get it finalized by a professional. I can barely stand looking at my old art now, let alone having it on my skin for the rest of my life.

  4. #774
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.Y
    Posts
    703
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    This is a repost of a repost buuuut- from my journal...and I see the topic is art *scrolls up* Nice tattoo!
    --

    I think I might've finally found someone to make a custom sculpture of Allen.. I've been wanting a sculpture of a zhuard for many years, but I only just recently "perfected" their anatomy on paper (at the least, have a very solid framework). That should help her out. It's not terribly easy to find a sculptor who will detail anatomy to the level I would like it on a custom creature--especially since zhus have a lot of 'show through the skin', visible anatomy...



    I myself prefer not to work with clay/blender (I've used it before but for the thing I want, I prefer professional handiwork). This will be interesting- I'm looking forward to a response. Unfortunately the time difference between her and I is seven hours!

    I'm very excited!
    Last edited by Vintage; October 19th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

  5. #775
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,958
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    I am currently thinking that Networking is a hard subject to learn, at least for me anyway for when I do my IT certificate that I can attach to my resume. The most I ever got was 90% on it which is definitely good. I would post the question here but I really must learn how to do it myself, else how else am I supposed to learn? :O

  6. #776

    Default

    Going food shopping today. List, Milk, Mocha, Water, Cold cuts-turkey, Oatmeal, Soups, TV Dinners, Fruit cups, Cookies.

  7. #777
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,330
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Some of my goals are based on access to the most tasty foods.

    Try poutine if you haven't yet. Hot fries, cheese curds, gravy. Simple perfection and deeply felt satiation. I wonder what my American friends would think of it.

    Sweet potato fries are a healthy alternative to potato fries, although maybe not suitable for poutine, and they're good with various dips.

    I want to try foods from different cultures, like Croatian fried chicken crêpes and kimchi, or Indonesian beef satay.

    My dreams, while inexplicably elaborate such that Game of Thrones looks like an Archie comic in comparison, are ultimately the best when I'm tasting new foods, usually chocolate and baked goods like cappuccino meringues, and sometimes deep dish pizza.

    My animal "shifts", for want of clearer terminology, often involve me nomming on and enjoying foods I wouldn't normally touch, like organ meats, fried insects, or balut. Forgetting human food taboos and just devouring what nourishes me or otherwise makes me happy in the moment. (Sometimes, being human and prejudiced, I wouldn't eat those, especially liver!)

    If I ever strike it rich, my travel goals are secondary to my food goals. I'm a foodie. Deal with it.

    I don't often see therianthropy mentioned in the same line as sensory/psychological shifts involving food, but here we are.

    I seriously want to make more of the recipes mentioned here on Werelist, including the "Theriotype-Inspired Meals" thread. Maybe I get too creative or too literal at times, but yes please, do want.

  8. #778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    I am currently thinking that Networking is a hard subject to learn, at least for me anyway for when I do my IT certificate that I can attach to my resume. The most I ever got was 90% on it which is definitely good. I would post the question here but I really must learn how to do it myself, else how else am I supposed to learn? :O
    Networking is brutal, at least imo. Hopefully you enjoy insane acronyms and a hundred different software tools named things like: SiLk, Snort, Bro, Wireshark. They also expect ( for some reason ) a lot of memorization of command line interface commands. (Shell/Terminal)

    If you'd like to learn some on your own and your computer is pretty decent, run a Linux VM ( Virtual machine ) and get yourself a copy of Wireshark (Open source.) You could start experimenting with data captures and other neat little toys.
    Last edited by Koba; October 24th, 2020 at 04:48 AM.

  9. #779
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    6,281
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    You know, I really wonder if it would have been possible to choose a worse time to start looking at graduate schools.

    Probably, but this still wasn't a good one.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

  10. #780
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    3,688
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Some of my goals are based on access to the most tasty foods.

    Try poutine if you haven't yet. Hot fries, cheese curds, gravy. Simple perfection and deeply felt satiation. I wonder what my American friends would think of it.

    Sweet potato fries are a healthy alternative to potato fries, although maybe not suitable for poutine, and they're good with various dips.

    I want to try foods from different cultures, like Croatian fried chicken crêpes and kimchi, or Indonesian beef satay.

    My dreams, while inexplicably elaborate such that Game of Thrones looks like an Archie comic in comparison, are ultimately the best when I'm tasting new foods, usually chocolate and baked goods like cappuccino meringues, and sometimes deep dish pizza.

    My animal "shifts", for want of clearer terminology, often involve me nomming on and enjoying foods I wouldn't normally touch, like organ meats, fried insects, or balut. Forgetting human food taboos and just devouring what nourishes me or otherwise makes me happy in the moment. (Sometimes, being human and prejudiced, I wouldn't eat those, especially liver!)

    If I ever strike it rich, my travel goals are secondary to my food goals. I'm a foodie. Deal with it.

    I don't often see therianthropy mentioned in the same line as sensory/psychological shifts involving food, but here we are.

    I seriously want to make more of the recipes mentioned here on Werelist, including the "Theriotype-Inspired Meals" thread. Maybe I get too creative or too literal at times, but yes please, do want.
    RELATABLE! One of my favorite things about living in a more urban area is the access to a greater variety and generally, greater quality of food. My adventurousness around novel and weird food is something that feels coyote to me. There's probably more to be said on that.

    Poutine is pretty great. Honestly, french fries are one of my favorite foods to begin with, and it's hard to beat them plain. I usually don't even do ketchup (but my favorite local burger bar has a house-made version that is quite nice). Truffle oil is a bit of an acquired taste, but also good on fries - though the experts say truffle oil is a paltry imitation of actual truffles.

    I do really like poutine. There's a version I had in NEBRASKA of all places that the restaurant called "Vladamir Poutine", hahaha... it had pierogies right on it. Only problem I've ever had with poutine is that I am a bit averse to really soggy things. Too much gravy and you're digging out soggy mushy fry glop from the center. This problem is worse with nachos, though.

    I like kimchi! I've even made it. I was on a fermentation kick for a while. Kimchi, sauerkraut (I still have this, because I don't ever eat it), even my own homemade yogurt. A little more trouble than it was worth, and difficult to strain enough to get it to "Greek yogurt" quality.

    Nowadays the only living food I'm tending is my well aged sourdough starter.

    I'm not sure there are really any foods I wouldn't normally touch. I like organ meat, fried ANYTHING, balut, liver, gizzards, "rocky mountain oysters".

    This winter I have plans to finally eat the surströmming I sent my friend. Durian is on the list as well (my spouse has not been eager to let me bring that in the house, despite his acceptance of all the dead things I drag home...)

    I cook and bake a lot and would love to talk more about food with people here. :]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •