Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

I moved most of them. There are a few that still live with my dad because they were too large to transport. Would really like to have my old ficus back in my possession, but I can't move it and wouldn't have space for it now even if I could!

Dwango is insane.

I started to cover his last two weeks but this is just a novel waiting to happen - cross country road trip, a long CTF exercise for employment, working on events for one of the GDQs coming up, handling stewardship for TASBot because "but why trust the BDFL?", and still making time for his kids on his way back with so much to do walking in the door.

And then there's me. On top of all this, a minor kerfluffle happened involving his community he took time aside to sort out for me. And I don't really want to talk about it but there are some parts of me vulnerable to attack and it was the difference between me doing something and me not doing something I've worked on off and on for three years. So he probably saved one of my projects from the dumpster bin. (And people *were* interested, just... ugh.)

Dwango is now very sick from allergies and what sounds like acclimatization issues and sheer exhaustion. He'll be resting and isn't making the next GDQ event, as I understand. tikevin83 (who is also someone I really like, as a person) is going in his place. That is how I understand it anyway.

So. Here's what I'd like to ask, since that's what's on my mind as Dwango and I both are sleeping off exhaustion.

If you're not familiar with TASBot or Dwango, go to youtube and take a look. His channel is right here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dwangoAC

If you are familiar with it, Dwango is being pushed - by the community, including me - to do TASBot work full time or nearly-full time. One of the side effects is that he's finally pushing his Patreon (again, the community pushed him to consider this route forwards in life). You can find the first video about that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrbNq_ilORw

And his Patreon here:

https://www.patreon.com/dwangoac

It is exceedingly rare I go out of my way to try to advocate for specific individuals, especially ones with some degree of popularity already. Dwango is unique in that he has shown an excessive willingness to have time for me, personally, and help me with a number of personal and professional problems. His Discord shows 706 users online as I type this... and I'm nobody, let's be honest. Someone who goes out of their way to help a basic nobody get things moving and stay hopeful can't be all bad... right?
    There is a song I hear: A melody from the past.
    I've opened a discord server for therians, if that's your thing.

Decided to try going back to the medical arena to deal with gender issues. Got another meeting tomorrow (today?).

It's always so weird. They want to sit you down for 2 hours and make you prove you're trans. But since my identity is connected to being therian, I can't be as forthcoming as I'd like to be. Not if I actually want some medical assistance, anyway.

It's like playing minesweeper.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

Update: got approved for HRT.
    Yey.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

Blog Entries

Yay, congrats, Nat!

Also, oooh, the 1984 quote in your signature. Chilling. Read that book late last year (finally) and my friend and I both found it timely and eery.

That friend is just taking off right now on a flight out here to visit! We've been planning this visit MUCH farther ahead than our past ones. So stoked! He came in March, but I was about to start field work and the weather was awful, and I felt very stir-crazy a lot.

I think this visit is going to be much better. I was able to plan out more things, including a concert next Wednesday as an early b-day gift, a visit to the mountains, a brewery tour, and a whole lot of other possibilities. Plus the weather is fantastic, and I'm far less stressed because I just finished field work.

Going to be a busy few weeks, because the day he leaves, my partner and I board a flight to the Pacific Northwest for a little vacation time. Really hoping maybe we can pop down and visit some Werelist friends out that way. :]

Blog Entries

Happy to hear that, Natsilani.

The butterfly garden is starting off well. I need to transplant some boneset, but I got some blazing star and obedient plant from a neighbor who was thinning. I also discovered that spider lilies turned up in the yard, though no one seems to be quite sure how. I don't remember them being there previous years and my parents don't remember buying them.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Also, oooh, the 1984 quote in your signature. Chilling. Read that book late last year (finally) and my friend and I both found it timely and eery. :]
    Thank you. Also thanks to you as well, Cheetah.

It's actually a lot easier now then it was about 6 years ago when I first tried, I guess the laws around the issue have changed and relaxed. I am now, however, faced with the question of whether I want to have biological children. It's to be expected that taking HRT will make me sterile within several months (not always the case, but exceptions are an anomaly, not the rule).

There's my quandary. I, of course, want children. But I will never get to experience giving birth or pregnancy, it's just not possible. I want to be a mother, not a father. So, I'm going to have to decide whether I want kids enough to scrounge together about $3,000 to save my sperm in a bank for later. That would be....an undertaking. That much money is a lot for a starving artist.

------

On a separate note, in regards the Orwell quote, yeah the book was way ahead of it's time. In fact, when I look at stuff that's happening right now, like Google interfering in elections or Chinese-style social credit and facial recognition cameras, I'm left wondering whether the book isn't being used as a literal instruction manual for how to create a dystopian society.

The world seems pretty bleak right now and I don't really see it getting better any time soon. The folks who seem to genuinely want to help make it better are demonized and crushed. Folks who might be helpful in taking down corrupt elites are killed in their own jail cells in the middle of the night with the cameras off.

I can't help but be particularly nihilistic about where we're going.

Going to try and go to the movies next week, Going to go see Ad Astra. The new space movie that is coming out in 2 days.

This lemon ginseng green tea smells & tastes like Fruit Loops and I am ridiculously happy with that.
    "All you have is your fire,
    And the place you need to reach"- Hozier