Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Neighbor's dog- a fairly large and powerful type- is constantly being allowed to get into our backyard. We patch up one of the holes it busted through the fence, and it just makes a new one.

Someone insulted me the other day for thinking about myself too much. I do spend a lot of time thinking about my identity and place in the world. It's true. I don't do it because I think I'm more important than everyone else though, as the person who insulted me seemed to be implying. I think everyone should do more introspection. It's fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post

Someone insulted me the other day for thinking about myself too much. I do spend a lot of time thinking about my identity and place in the world. It's true. I don't do it because I think I'm more important than everyone else though, as the person who insulted me seemed to be implying. I think everyone should do more introspection. It's fun.
    Yeah! Gosh, how insulting, though. Thinking about yourself and your place in the world doesn't mean megalomania. It can actually be a really humbling experience. I think a lot of people could benefit from thinking about it more.

Another kind of chilly day today! I'm glad it's not drizzling, at least. I have really been enjoying sitting and reading in my hammock on the balcony.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota
    That's really cool about the fire pit!! What style are you building?
    Nothing too fancy. I cheated by using a fire ring! This fire ring, to be precise. I have to clear lots of dry brush and maybe put down herbicide to get rid of the clover and other ground cover. Gotta get some gravel. I have a bowie knife along with the small scythe. The latter is really satisfying to use. It goes swish on bundles of thin reeds, taking them down effortlessly. It also slices and dices the tall thorny weeds with thick woody stems. I need to go trailblazing. Cut some paths out in our acres of field and small patches of woods. Harvest some firewood from dead trees.

I also purchased throwing knives and an axe. And, as I mentioned to Kiso over email, I finally have a compound bow and arrows! Even if it's used and, again, really nothing fancy. It's hard to get good archery equipment for under $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen
    Yeah, what's wrong with introspection? I've gotten the same insult, back when a few former internet friends discovered my posts on this forum. "Self-obsessed." I . . . really don't see it that way? I'm here primarily for the company, because I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions. The person who lobbed that insult at you could probably stand to do a lot more reflection on themself and their own life. Being thoughtful and introspective doesn't mean you worship yourself, for chrissake.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Yeah, what's wrong with introspection? I've gotten the same insult, back when a few former internet friends discovered my posts on this forum. "Self-obsessed." I . . . really don't see it that way? I'm here primarily for the company, because I'm interested in other people's thoughts and opinions. The person who lobbed that insult at you could probably stand to do a lot more reflection on themself and their own life. Being thoughtful and introspective doesn't mean you worship yourself, for chrissake.
    Exactly! I like reading about other people, so I wish more people would be, uh, "self-obsessed" as they say. I want to read long essays about all these inner worlds I don't experience!