Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Hey all, I'm back. I had to get surgery 2 months back. I had to my appendix removed and to fix a hernia. I'm alright now and all healed up. So I am back to werelist.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you're healed, and welcome back.

Other daily thought: This is encouraging news; I've heard news of the case previously and that the reintroduction project is approved gives me hope for the cheetah in Asia.
    Last edited by cheetah; February 22nd, 2020 at 12:06 PM.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Good to hear things went well for you.

A thought exercise that went through my head: If we take a hypothetical scenario in which Therianthropy is a condition in which a person unconsciously strives to be more like an animal and we flip that over to animals trying to strive to be more like a human, what constitutes "human behavior?" This is not to be confused with personality which can include behaviors that more than one person can share with another. The crux of the situation is that there are a few behaviors we can identify as belonging to a species in general, but many are in some ways dictated by personality. Indeed, the very definition of personality is loosely defined as "the characteristic sets of behaviors, cognitions, and emotional patterns that evolve from biological and environmental factors." Ergo, most behaviors we may associate with a species are ones that happen to be witnessed within most personalities for a given species.

Blog Entries

Probably a lot of the stuff you'd see here, if it hasn't been overturned by later research. The problem is that many of those traits are likely results of sapience, like "classification of colors." Others are universal throughout the animal kingdom, like "sexual attraction."

I think it would be very difficult if not impossible to come up with a list of things that are distinctly human, universal across the human species, and not simply a consequence of sapience.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

This is crossposted from the Where Weres Were discord, just because I thought it was neat and not many people are in there anyway.

So just a small story here, that doesn't happen every day.

I get cravings for rawhide once in a while. Chewing on it is oddly calming and satisfying. And it's not harmful, humans just can't digest it so... Well, I'm with this girl, she's not a Therian, but she chews on her fingers, right? So I'm thinking "what can I get her in short order while we look for a longer term solution?" ... pragmatism says "well, rawhide and a chew toy".

She seemed to like fidgetting with the chew toy (rope doesn't seem to be her thing) but the rawhide was something she could chew on. But that's not the crazy part.

I have a friend who is a stay at home disabled guy, also not Therian, who chews on plastic. We were on the way to pick him up at the time and he's like "are you chewing on a dog toy?" ... So we threw him one of the sticks and he bites it and goes "oh my god, where has this been all my life?" ... So he'll probably move from chewing on plastic to chewing on rawhide and/or beefhide.

So not the worst day of my life, at least in the realm of Therianthropy. I'll also crosspost this to Werelist in a minute.
    There is a song I hear: A melody from the past.
    I've opened a discord server for therians, if that's your thing.

Blog Entries

Haven't visited these stomping grounds in a bit. Just checking things out *curious zhu scopes out the forums*...glad to see things are moving along.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Nice to see you again.

It's nice to hear the spring peepers calling at night again. And the weather today was quite nice. I'm glad winter's ending finally.