Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

I think I been irritating my gums when I brush my teeth. Now I need to go to a dentist.

@Vintage

Ancient Coyote sekrit. Crickets are delicious. At least roasted ^-^

Nice to see you lurking aboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Guys, I did it! I tried the crickets!

A few handfuls, actually. They weren't bad. Crunchy and then a bit umami/chewy. My only complaint about Bug Bistro is that I couldn't really taste the honey mustard. There's a salty aftertaste. All in all, a decent snack.

It's amazing how much I had to psych myself up at first, haha. I don't know if I'd be willing to try every insect on the market, but I might go for some barbecue locusts next.

Thank you all for your encouragement!

Haha, Umami, the fifth flavor. Oy vey those Japanese are something else. I did not expect that to be the description.

Glad you enjoyed the experience. I start getting iffy myself as well when we start talking about some of the more exotic foreign dishes. >_>

Like, I'd have to be starving to eat spiders. Besides, their a regular part of our diet anyway. Creepy Sods.

<_<

I'd thought a lot about some of Lupa's writing lately. There were some commonalities in our viewpoints on certain matters, what specifically doesn't really matter as it is open to ones own interpretation. I get why she felt that she should take her book out of publication, writing is kind of like a snapshot of a moment in time. In a lot of ways I view it the same manner except I somewhat relate my own writing to a conversation or a data frame, it has it purpose in it's own time and then it decays, it doesn't seem important anymore. Truly beautiful writing is timeless and exceptionally rare.

Midnight thinking again.... Be nice to find a way to transition to days somehow. Have always been very nocturnal though. IDK why.

I have been thinking about what it is that makes me so uncomfortable writing about myself or about therianthropy in relation to my own experience. I found an interesting way of describing it to myself, the feeling that is and I thought I should write it down. It kind of feels like standing naked center stage in a loaded colosseum with a million people just laughing at you. Just absolutely exposed, humiliated. I know this is silly and I know this is not the case, but it doesn't change how it feels. In this day and age though that is actually a possibility minus the nude pictures of course, I have some class. Take a thousand people to a factor of five I think and it ends up being some odd billion people. A thousand people, show a thousand people kind of thing. That is kind of literally the exact opposite of what I want. I want to mind my own business and be treated with fairness and in turn do the same to others. I don't feel like that is a lot to ask, apparently though is it in the current climate and the foreseeable future. Since I've gotten to know the therian and otherkin community it has really grown on me despite my complaints and I care about it's well-being, I find myself somewhat vexed in regards to what I should do, if anything, especially considering my discomfort level.

Blog Entries

Koba, that fear of being read and ridiculed so publically is why I purchased a laptop ONLY for writing. It's "ruggedized", meaning tough to destroy by the elements, and has a 14 hour battery life and a screen readable in sunlight. The intent is to keep it offline. I've had enough encounters with idiotic assholes who go "Look, an otherkin, someone even *I* am superior to!". It's sad that they even care. I don't know what to tell you. I have a thick skin. Rhino-kin?

I'm also nocturnal. I've been awake until 5 am recently. Message me sometime if you want to chat with someone else who's awake at odd hours!

I should set up a Skype profile, I suppose. I had one, years ago, that I deactivated because it was involved in too much drama.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; October 7th, 2020 at 03:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Yep, there's a reason I keep a low profile regarding my therianthropy on more public Internet platforms. I'm more willing to risk it than you are, I think, but there's security in obscurity.

I should set up a Skype profile, I suppose. I had one, years ago, that I deactivated because it was involved in too much drama.
    People don't really use Skype these days. Discord tends to be the primary platform.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I get the feeling that people are shooting the shit somewhere. Is there a particular Discord server Werelisters are using? I'm hesitant to ask, given the infamous Skype meltdown of years past, where everyone lost it, but that was in 2016, I think? I have very little tolerance for drama these days. My temper has also become more level in my old age. As for people who still really don't like me? Meh. Diplomacy and tact are options. We're adults.

I don't see myself as a troublemaker these days.

But I'll understand if an invitation isn't extended.

Edit: Only if we aren't, as someone joked in Cheetah's Skype group during The Great Meltdown, preparing for others to take screenshots and turn them into memes. Even if raising that possibility was meant in jest, I didn't find it funny, and I'm still leery of interacting with anyone who treats semi-private conversations casually "because internet". Maybe I'd want to lurk for awhile. If I knew anyone was screencapping anything, I wouldn't want to participate. Even if they're screenshots of people talking about me while I'm banned! I'd have to seriously weigh the possibility of that risk if it's currently an accepted practice.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; October 8th, 2020 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Nah. I was gonna try locusts and post about it, but I'm backing out for the time being. Maybe sometime in the future.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; October 9th, 2020 at 01:22 PM.

I ate a grub that I found in the dirt once. Years later, I found out that those develop into junebugs. So I've actually eaten a junebug twice.