Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Generic replacement message to fill character requirements.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 22nd, 2020 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    My daily thought: When I started The Snow Leopard again, I had clearly forgotten how much of a '70s hippie the author is. I'm hoping it focuses more on nature later on, but I'm a fifth of the way in and it's mostly him complaining about the porters and him going on about Buddhism.
    When you first mentioned that book in another thread, I looked it up and from the blurb I got the impression that it was too romanticized for my taste, but I didn't want to sound like a curmudgeon. I guess I'm glad that my skepticism was warranted. Hope the book gets better.

Blog Entries

Forest Wind's posts make me want to hop a fence and go hiking in the woods.

I would, if we had woods nearby that weren't public property. We have marsh and fields, which I suppose is suitable enough. I have a fire ring to set up once I find a suitable spot, and rabbits to catch. They're eating the leaves of the rose bushes.

Last edited by Kerguelen; May 22nd, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    You okay? I found your original post funny, in a good way. The edit makes me worry about you.

I hate feeling backed into a corner. I get defensive. Aggressive. If I can get into shape, I'm seriously considering taking up MMA fighting. Working with adrenaline. If I can become that strong. A friend suggested krav maga and I just laughed. Even that friend, extremely fit as they are, isn't fit enough for krav maga. Few people are.

I'm at one of those points in life where the timelines diverge. I feel like disappearing entirely. Shapeshifting. Dropping contact with everyone and living my new life. And yes, that is a possible thing for one to do. I've certainly done it before without regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    You okay?
    Not in the slightest.

But don't worry about me. Another day will pass and I'll be back to burying my feelings simply because I don't know how to begin handling them. As I've been doing the past few years.

I'd explain but it's a long story. In one sentence, I'm questioning if I have a reason to exist again. It's normal.

(Thank you for asking though. I really do appreciate the concern even if I sound like I don't.)

Blog Entries

Please reach out if you could use an ear. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Please reach out if you could use an ear. <3
    Thank you. Maybe I will when I can gather thoughts.

Blog Entries

Kerg, I emailed you.

A couple of daily thoughts:

Karen's psycho shih tzus tried to attack me again. People, train your small dogs as if they're big dogs. I don't buy into the whole "oh, isn't it cute that he thinks he's big and fierce" thing. If you train your shit-assed little bark machine the way you'd train a pit bull or a Rottweiler, it's going to behave well around strangers. And then there are the neighbours whose larger dogs bark at me and sometimes lunge at the fence. A properly trained guard dog can be upwards of $10K. Your hyper-aggressive mongrel isn't a guard dog. He's badly behaved and potentially dangerous.

Bonus daily thought: I'm building a fire pit on a hill in the marsh. Hacking through brush with a scythe is cathartic.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; May 24th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Karen's psycho shih tzus tried to attack me again. People, train your small dogs as if they're big dogs. I don't buy into the whole "oh, isn't it cute that he thinks he's big and fierce" thing. If you train your shit-assed little bark machine the way you'd train a pit bull or a Rottweiler, it's going to behave well around strangers. .
    YES! Thank you. It's unfortunate that little dogs can get away with so much stuff because it's easier for people not to have to train them, easier to ignore their bad behavior. They end up just AWFUL. It's frustrating! Yuck.

There were a couple yorkies next door when I was in college and they were allowed to roam freely.

That's really cool about the fire pit!! What style are you building?