Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

I recently stumbled across this video which some of you may find interesting in relation to therianthropy. It's about historical accounts of werewolves and a modern case of clinical lycanthropy.

The channel itself has a few other videos on similar topics, such as a 9th century monk's perspective on whether so-called dog-headed men have souls.

I don't personally believe in classical werewolves or the like, but I think historical accounts such as these potentially hold some relevance or at least interest to modern therianthropy by highlighting how ingrained human tendency towards anthropomorphism and/or zoomorphism is.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

I just sang along to "Fat Bottomed Girls" with a group of strangers, mostly Native men (Six Nations), and it was hilarious.

One of them went, "You know the guy who wrote this is gay, right?"

Coyotes believe in spontaneous union.

Lupus Paws, let me get back to you with links of my own. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; August 2nd, 2020 at 11:39 PM.