Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    I understand that outlook, though a lot of people are not very artistic or don't really know what suits them. They end up getting a commission because they want something that is representative of them and perhaps a bit more defined than a stick figure.

I often find myself thinking in this manner about many different forms and mediums of art. In a way every story is a retelling of another story already written. The names and places change but the story is the same. Love, conflict, triumph. A million representations of the same thing. The personal touch is what makes it unique. For example how many paintings of Jesus are there ? Yet they are all different the artist puts a bit of themselves into it. Lacking the ability to properly represent ones vision shouldn't hinder the sense of self one feels with a piece of art, in such a case the artist is merely the driver whom brings you to the destination you seek.

Just kinda my take on that.
    Well, sure, I totally understand that; and I am more than happy to be that artist and help bring to life personal things for people. My statement was only about my personal preferences, not about how I feel about tattoos in general.

If I had the ability, I think I would frankly prefer to DO the tattooing myself! I could go real folk-punk and give myself a stick-poke, I guess, but that's... uh, not recommended, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Well, sure, I totally understand that; and I am more than happy to be that artist and help bring to life personal things for people. My statement was only about my personal preferences, not about how I feel about tattoos in general.

If I had the ability, I think I would frankly prefer to DO the tattooing myself! I could go real folk-punk and give myself a stick-poke, I guess, but that's... uh, not recommended, haha!

I support this statement. xD

I totally understand that as well, as much as I'd like to get several commissions done for myself I've been kind of biding my time until my skill progresses so I can do my own work, last few years I haven't really had the time or energy to put the effort I want into working on my drawing skills, been told I'm pretty decent I just haven't gotten my groove back. Also been learning about 3D modeling and am excited to spend more time working on that as well..... I also have plans to start work on a fursuit and a few other things lol. DIY all the way. Even beyond that though I have this idea for like a solar vegetable garden, I need to do a schematic and a workup for voltage estimations and such, but how cool would a semi automated garden be..... and then there's the drones ..... Toxic tells me I'm a mad scientist. It's cute.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Welcome back, Alliana!

I've decided to share Kiso's tattoo design for me. I am in love with it. I'm setting up a date to have it inked on my upper left arm hopefully next month. Might go with basic black or might ask my artist to fill in the white spaces with red.
    Love the design! If I got a tattoo I’d probably go for my own art, but absolutely get it finalized by a professional. I can barely stand looking at my old art now, let alone having it on my skin for the rest of my life.