Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

I can certainly see that, and the edgy and "cool" part of being a wolf was something I had to cast aside as a grew older. I'm glad that I was able to find my connection to wolves before finding the therian community, so that I could know it was really part of who I am and not some phase. A big help for me was watching wolf documentaries as well as meeting them in real life. Understanding that dog breeds are races of the same species that wolves, coyotes, and several other wild dog races belong to also showed me their playful, curious, and affectionate side. I know now that the imperfect world we live in forces them to be tough, and that that some of their instincts help them do that. I personally do not think that instincts that involve death and injury avoidance or predation are spiritual, so being a spiritual therian, I let my human knowledge and instincts cover for that. I suppose this has resulted in me becoming much more tame, even if that wild spark is still in me. I don't see it as a bad thing since it helps me get along with people and not have species dysphoria.

Blog Entries

If that was in reply to me, I don't understand a single word you just said as I am not spiritual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    @Kisota the expanded can is normal for surstromming. Both the cans I've had were like that, and it's why they forbid sending the stuff through the mail in most places. They can in fact explode, which is unpleasant. And expensive. Not sure I would purchase the stuff again, since it's basically a solid protein based mustard-ish condiment that is sharp and salty and umami laden. It's reasonably tasty, but it's a bit pricey to get hold of these days.
    Huh, I hadn’t realized it was normal. Ours definitely had gone bad - there were no filets left! It was a Kronenberg monstrosity in there, an exploded Akira monster.

I’ve found some suppliers that guarantee proper shipping, but yeah, it’s expensive! And I’ve never yet found it at even the largest and most eclectic world markets.

I doubt I’ll like it enough to want to make a habit of eating it, but I’ll have to try again sometime. My determination has redoubled with the failed attempt!

Berlin, I've been feeling the same way lately. I think it's just from getting older (I am starting to get some grey hairs that aren't related to my birthmark). I'm slowly learning to redirect my grumpiness to trying to create some change out there.
    The Four Faces - Ilrak (Main/Original), Bruce (Circa 1990-1991 - Present), Tony (2013 - Present), and the Protector/Other Guy (Possibly same as Bruce?)

Dormant member: Susan (1999-2013/14)

Blog Entries

I've moved forty-two (42) times in the last fifteen years. That's not even including multiple stays in homeless shelters. I'm not actually on the run from the feds, although I feel like it. (I have no criminal record, despite frequent bouts of thoughtcrime.)

I am so, so tired of moving. I'm so tired of living with roommates. I NEED my own space. Period. Not negotiable.

To make a long story short, I've decided not to pursue wildlife biology. A lifestyle that involves cohabitation with strangers would be a nightmare. There is just no way.

I feel happier now that I've made the decision.
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov

Blog Entries

Existence is overrated and I think people should stop reproducing entirely. All that does is bring new victims into the world.

Blog Entries

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about the week ahead....can't pinpoint major cause but I certainly can pick out a few small ones..
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I am READY FOR SPRING, BABY!

Tomorrow March begins, and even though where I live we often get nasty snowstorms into May, we usually will start seeing signs of spring in March. I’m already seeing it. Magpies at work are carrying sticks. The red-winged blackbirds and northern flickers are singing. I even saw a goldeneye and a couple mergansers on one of my last runs.

AND... I got a $67 lamb leg roast for ten bucks recently, so I made an absolutely outstanding roast lamb today with mashed gold potatoes, homemade fresh sourdough, and roasted broccoli and green beans - plus some blueberries and fresh vegetables, just for extra spring-season zest. It was really great.

I got out a lot more this winter and battled the seasonal affective mood dip more, but I still can always feel the difference as spring starts to settle in.

I fertilized my house plants today... they are looking great, and the purple Oxalis rhizome I got from my mom is absolutely popping off with blaze-purple little leaves.

Blog Entries

My dad did an ancestry test. His result? Very white and also not very surprising (actual Irishness as well as more distant Sardinian & Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry showing up was kind of suprising). I'll be doing a test myself soon to see if the relatives it shows him but not his half-sister show up for me. His father is unknown so hopefully we'll have more of a lead to finding out who his dad is.

Considering that my results will also have my mom's info...I'm excited to see what that brings up. I'm probably not going to encounter much new info but there are some brick walls in my way regarding her side that I've been trying to get through. These may help me break those down.

Edit: Another daily thought but apparently, some people think Aleister Crowley was the most harmful/most evil human being of the 1800s & 1900s. I don't follow the religion he set up but those people have never touched a history book in their life. Sure, he was a dickhead but not most evil or most harmful.
    Last edited by Berlin; March 8th, 2021 at 12:44 AM.