Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

Not a lot, other than some scrubby oak type stuff and other herbaceous plants, and the cultivated sugar maples. So the cities tend to be a little more colorful.

Think I might have a fear of cameras xP
    The teacher came in whilst we we're practicing music and said she needed to record our progress. I proceeded to get very anxious, the start of the routine was apprently me playing on my own and after some confusion I played the wrong part of the song.

Why didn't I just refuse in the first place and say I didn't want to be recorded? *growls*

Blog Entries

So, who's going to be seeing the eclipse tonight? I'm going to try--looks like it won't be too overcast tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to see the very start of it.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I'm about to sleep and noticed just how warm it is outside. I could easily sleep with the window open.
    I wish we still had winters like when I was a child. There was so much snow, I would spend all day outside sledding with friends and come home to a mug of hot chocolate. It was awesome. Winters nowadays are just gray and depressing.
    Last edited by Volpeon; December 31st, 2021 at 04:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, let's hope this year is better than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Volpeon View Post
    I'm about to sleep and noticed just how warm it is outside. I could easily sleep with the window open.
    I wish we still had winters like when I was a child. There was so much snow, I would spend all day outside sledding with friends and come home to a mug of hot chocolate. It was awesome. Winters nowadays are just gray and depressing.
    Kind of the same around here. I remember when we used to get the sort of winter weather where icicles would go from the roof to the ground. At the time I loathed the cold... but these days the warmth in our winters is so unsettling that I'd rather have the winter storms again.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Well, we're due for another major storm tomorrow. Looks like rain and snow... I'm holding out some hope for some freezing rain, because the pines look lovely when their branches are encased in ice. The way the sun refracts through the crystal clear ice, with the needles just covered in a thick layer of the stuff... it's one of the most incredible sights of winter around here.

Blog Entries

Almost time for another Daily Thought thread!

The last day or two I’ve been contemplating how a decent camera might be a worthy investment. I’ve gotten some BEAUTIFUL shots of local coyotes… or they would be beautiful if they weren’t on a blurry-ass phone camera.

The only trick is that if I wanted good photos I’d have to make dedicated trips for that purpose. Right now I just opportunistically snap shots while I’m running in the morning.

Oh frick how long has it been since I posted here?
    Kerguelen updates.
    1. Trying to visit the plain website "werelist.net" downloads *something* to my computer, and does not lead to the webpage, just a blank page. IDK what, I just delete it and it doesn't seem to have an effect on my computer. But it's annoying.
    2. The site is having that problem again where it appears to have extra pages on each thread. Like right now it says I'm on page 99/100 but when I click on page 100 it just takes me back to page 99.
    3. I'm pretty sure I'm not a real therian, but that's okay. I just like cormorants and relate to them- and perhaps was one in some distant past life- but no, giving it some thought, I don't think I truly identify AS a cormorant. The "phantom shifts" are real, as are the "mental shifts", but I actually have started to think, maybe it's possible to have these things and NOT identify as a frickin bird. Like I said, maybe they're holdovers from some other life, IDK. But saying "I am a cormorant" has always felt odd to me.
    4. Still checking in on this site anyway because you all are cool and I like being here.
    5. I still haven't caught covid.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; January 16th, 2022 at 08:20 PM.

Blog Entries

It snowed a lot yesterday. We've got a couple inches, and we're starting to get icicles. Looks like it'll all melt before we get more snow, though, and the icicles won't lengthen much, since it'll get into the 40s tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Oh frick how long has it been since I posted here?
    Kerguelen updates.
    1. Trying to visit the plain website "werelist.net" downloads *something* to my computer, and does not lead to the webpage, just a blank page. IDK what, I just delete it and it doesn't seem to have an effect on my computer. But it's annoying.
    2. The site is having that problem again where it appears to have extra pages on each thread. Like right now it says I'm on page 99/100 but when I click on page 100 it just takes me back to page 99.
    We're looking into this and will try to fix it. Thank you for mentioning it.

EDIT: Large threads can get weird with the page numbering. Usually we lock and start a new one after fifty pages, then provide a link back to the old one. We'll probably do it to this one soon. It can also get weird if your settings are set to show fewer posts per page than normal.

3. I'm pretty sure I'm not a real therian, but that's okay. I just like cormorants and relate to them- and perhaps was one in some distant past life- but no, giving it some thought, I don't think I truly identify AS a cormorant. The "phantom shifts" are real, as are the "mental shifts", but I actually have started to think, maybe it's possible to have these things and NOT identify as a frickin bird. Like I said, maybe they're holdovers from some other life, IDK. But saying "I am a cormorant" has always felt odd to me.
    For what it's worth, I wouldn't get too hung up on the "identify as vs identify with." Like, you say your experiences are what they always were--I think that's what matters, in the end, regardless of whether or not you consciously think, "I am a cormorant."

After all, we talk about discovering you are a therian, and acknowledge that you can be mistaken about your theriotype. If you had to think, "I am my theriotype" to be a therian, that wouldn't make sense--you would become a therian as soon as you consciously identified as one, and the merely act of consciously identifying would make you one, so it would make no sense to ever reconsider your identity.

I, personally, have switched between saying, "I am a cheetah" and not--but I've considered myself a cheetah therian the entire time, because whether or not you say, "I AM my theriotype" is also determined by what your ontological beliefs are, and how people around you use language. I spent some time less involved in the therian community, and studying zoology--that shaped how I consciously defined myself.

But it didn't change my experiences, you know? So I don't think I ever stopped being a cheetah therian.

5. I still haven't caught covid.
    Glad to hear it.
    Last edited by cheetah; January 17th, 2022 at 09:07 PM.

cheetah:
    I should have responded earlier and said thanks for your response, but didn't because I suck and I forgot. So consider this a belated thanks for your post.