Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Blog Entries

Fingers are so weird. Fingernails are the weirdest.

When you think about how fingers work, too, it seems even odder. There's actually no muscles in the fingers. Tendons like marionette strings pull them around from in the forearm. It is bizarre and cool to think about.

I've found I have little to say on the subject as of late. If it hasn't already been said, the answers are there to find for oneself as it is, I need not add further.

Blog Entries

Old stuff gets buried. And forgotten, half the time, even by oneself, even when one said it. So I continue, personally. Though not much.

Sometimes see something new and interesting, too. At least, it's new and interesting to me.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

You know, I agree to an extent and I disagree.

in one hand there is the case in which if no one ever talked about it then essentially we wouldn't really know others like us exist. I know personally I find it pleasurable to read about experiences from others of things I have experienced myself and sometimes even nuances I hadn't noticed but seem to hold some traction to me as well. I think that once one gets beyond the more forward facing concepts regarding the subject it quickly drops off into a very deep and personal area of oneself and that part is extremely ill suited for online discussion and engagement given the callous and impersonal nature of the medium. It seems to me that those who choose to go beyond that veil are subject to immense amounts of ostracization both from within , which I find particularly disturbing and distasteful, and external actors whom are just plain malicious .... and in my opinion are probably more worthy of ridicule than any one of us.... but they are not an outlier in society so their obvious 'less than greatness' is overlooked.

I know for me I'm not sure how much I wish to go into depth on the subject, for one.... There are very few that I have run into that I feel like have earned enough respect, from me, for me to feel like openly discussing the topic is worth sharing my vulnerabilities, whether that be that I perceive a notable portion of the online community displaying a rather juvenile mindset and toolkit, or the fact that the information is more likely going to used to defame or disrespect me in the future when I end up rubbing some lurking piss ant the wrong way. It's said individuals like myself are constantly performing a balancing act of risk and reward calculations involving certain actions, this is... essentially true. I mostly see risk and almost never reward. It doesn't mean I don't wish too, it just means I know better than too expect anything else, therefore I can't even really force myself to do so.

I don't necessarily feel like adding many of the same topics is very helpful, it just creates clutter and confusion. In many cases I've seen my experience is nearly identical to what others have written and rather more eloquently than I could, by adding I would only reduce the quality of the overall product. If that makes sense. In essence a long winded 'Hey! me too'. Seems mostly like a self gratification or elevation thing to me.

...speaking of long winded......

There's more depth yet beyond 'I don't feel it's necessary' but beyond creating clutter, in which to bury the writing with meaning it tends to start to become a personal thing.

Blog Entries

Koba is right, unfortunately. If Jakkal thinks it's bad that Something Awful wrote a piece on her, I've had half of the goddamned internet go after me when Anonymous leaked my personal emails. Thousands of hateful strangers were mocking me. They called me delusional. (This, from people who believe in horoscopes.) They've denigrated my writing: "This is shit." They decided that I'm really an opossum, and they've created thousands of memes about it, including the character Opossum Jones. They've sicced the furry community on me. The furries went on about how sad it is that I'm unloved.

Good thing I have a really thick skin. People suck.

I keep trying to ignore anything related to therianthropy. Mostly as a test. Finding that, on days without depersonalization, lots of coyote stuff at full force. I've been trying to ignore that entirely, too. It doesn't work. Makes it worse! Maybe there is something to it and I'm just very skeptical at this point.

Blog Entries

The sculpture I had custom made (well, the base) has finally reached the states! I'll have to put musculature on it and smooth parts down. Given how boring most days have been, this piece of news was a highlight lol..

whoops...wrong thread. Ah...I guess when she gets here I'll post that on the positivity one!
    Last edited by Vintage; November 18th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I don't like living in my head. I do that too much.

I feel like I'm making shit up. I'm literally just typing on a computer. Ultimately, I need time away from the keyboard, like most people. I've underestimated how massively detrimental it is to be on social media constantly. I'd do fieldwork if the pay were better. I definitely want to do some bird banding once I have a car. Hiking trips in our national parks. And, hell, snowball fights.

What do you guys do to be yourselves? What makes you happy? Or what lessens frustration?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    I don't like living in my head. I do that too much.

I feel like I'm making shit up. I'm literally just typing on a computer. Ultimately, I need time away from the keyboard, like most people. I've underestimated how massively detrimental it is to be on social media constantly. I'd do fieldwork if the pay were better. I definitely want to do some bird banding once I have a car. Hiking trips in our national parks. And, hell, snowball fights.

What do you guys do to be yourselves? What makes you happy? Or what lessens frustration?
    Hm...seems like you have more of a life than I do ha..

As for your question..What lessens my dysphoria and general frustrations include: writing, drawing, working out/lifting weights, wearing certain gear and when I can do it- riding horses. It's a small list, but it's proven its effectiveness in rough times. One has to be strategic in which coping mechanism to use at what time though. Three of those things on my list can be a double edged sword. It takes time to hone in on self care and what works for you.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

My search for answers has led me far down the road less traveled. Closure, acceptance, forgiveness. As much personal growth as I have done, it hasn't made me feel any less of an 'animal person', it's always there, it probably always will be.