Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    It's quite possible. I found that my experiences mellowed out due to acceptance of what I was but here you're in the opposite boat. Age can play a part too though- my shifts are much more mellow when not triggered specifically than they were when I was in my teens. I see myself on a sliding scale now between human and animal/creature. I tent to sit in the middle and slide slightly either way.
    I had a couple years of acceptance until the intensity started lessening recently and is now at this semi-fixed area. Which is part of my doubting. That and the community makes me doubt things because how do I not draw any comparisons between my experiences and others? And how many times I have been told everything I mention is normal human traits.

Speaking of which, did you know that urges to snatch up lizards & other assorted animals by using one's mouth is a human trait as well as urges to roll on/scavenge from dead, rotten things or howl in reply to sirens or anything that sounds even vaguely like another coyote? Me neither. Because they aren't human traits but I have been told they are.

Edit: Also, dissociation/depersonalized states aren't helpful in feeling things like this. I just realized that that is what I am dealing with for the past few days, on account of feeling like a whole ass shell instead of a whole ass person. Just in general. This realization means I need to ground myself somehow and I shall.
    Last edited by Berlin; May 1st, 2019 at 03:22 AM.
    "All you have is your fire,
    And the place you need to reach"- Hozier

Blog Entries

-casually seminecros thread to repost a daily thought- Don't mind me. This is what happens when you join too many forums with daily thoughts..

--

I feel like my thoughts concerning animals are a lot different than some people...even therians here. I treat animals in a very 'hierarchy' way but at the same time and from that,I feel trust is established, then friendship can be established from that. I suppose it's just my particular animalistic and non-animalistic mind. It deeply bothers me - literally, on a kin level- when people jump right into "friendship" and then proceed to let certain behaviors exist. For example...horses show dominant behavior in many ways and that includes moving into your space ( pushing you..literally or at worst, biting and kicking). To see my friend get pushed around is stressful to me in a very kin way. Seeing that behavior is stressful. I have an urge to correct it.

This is probably why I can get really bad M-shifts when it comes to boundary pushing. I bring up horses because it's easier to understand. Nobody wants a bossy horse around them--it can be very dangerous. At the same token I feel similar to other animals as well. Trying to figure this out and combine the animal-human combo that is me- I've actually done a pretty dang good job of re-training horses and some dogs (yes...even though I'm not a fan of them for other reasons). Yet alas...I'll bear the brunt of criticism, often by those who think animals run off of friendship.

In my opinion, there has to be a method. I remember my trainer told me animals do not understand voice at first and when they are riled up, sometimes you have to reach out and touch them (no..not hit.). I feel people are so afraid of doing this. Even holding or restraining an animal seems so scary to some people. You do what you have to do. Animals speak body language. They can learn voice commands after, yes. Being kin, in my particular situation, I feel this deeply. Sometimes I do not 'hear' voice first. If you have to lay a dog on its side gently to calm him/her then do so--because it works for some. In the wild the treatment would be so much worse and aggressive. I guess I just don't get this whole 'sweet talk and do nothing' training methods. I feel that that is the 'human' way. Yet the 'animal' way is aggressive, so there needs to be a balance. For me, a personal struggle is keeping m-shifts at bay and to not lean too much one way. Working on it--like any shift.

As Allen I was in a zhuard clan which was always interesting. Zhuards, being intelligent enough for spoken word and meanings had this balance dynamic. You can run a clan with your words but they had to be backed up with actions. Zhus were still animalistic and words were not always enough. So I feel like this (and along with my wolf side) solidifies my approach and opinions with this topic, and why I feel so strongly about it.

Just my *solidified* thoughts- not trying to spark a debate here.It would be futile in this particular topic, my opinion here is deeply emotional and bound.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

They can be quite useful. Especially if one has a social presence. I made due with an antique iphone 3 until December, then got an iphone 6.
    Mostly use it to hold shopping lists, gym workouts, and tweet amusing photos. Almost never to...make calls. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Zami View Post
    Having a smartphone is super convenient. Wow. I shoud have gotten one sooner.

Forever Running, RunningRed

So, in light of my doubts expressed in May, I find it interesting how much dissociation & depersonalization messes me up so much. And I also find it interesting how it leads me to gaslight myself with extreme doubt (to the point of active suppression until the breaking point) in regards to therian stuff which it also impacts. I need to stop doing that. I really do. There's no way that is good for me to be doing to myself.
    "All you have is your fire,
    And the place you need to reach"- Hozier

Hey the site's back up! Yay!

Blog Entries

Thanks all for getting the site back up. It seems to run better now. Like it did when I first joined. I quit for a while because the forum was slow and sometimes buggy, but now I'm not having problems.

Yay i'm glad the performance is considered good as compared to before. I've made a number of optimizations to the forums as well and fixed as many bugs as I could find. Also been working on a few new features here and there. 🦊
    Last edited by Alynna; June 19th, 2019 at 07:44 AM.