Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

*random ass ramblings not worth posting*
    Last edited by Koba; December 5th, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

I thought this was kind of a cute blurb about coyotes. I can't necessarily describe why but it felt like a very homely description of my own form of communication and I can't help but wonder what other 'yotes would think of such.

https://www.sacnaturecenter.net/visi...0vocalizations!

Blog Entries

Much better than a headline I saw today - “KILLER coyote MURDERS BABY COW!!!”

Like, no shit, they’re predators. “Killers” has a much stronger emotional punch to it, though, doesn’t it? And they managed to fit “murdering a baby” into the message too. It’s so fascinating how far people will go to paint coyotes as BAD GUYS that deserve death. This was on a hunting site. I get a kick out of the kinds of emotional rhetoric people like this use in discussing wildlife or their own actions.

I’m all for people removing predators that are harming their livestock directly, but the appeals to emotion about it are embarrassing and childish sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Much better than a headline I saw today - “KILLER coyote MURDERS BABY COW!!!”

I’m all for people removing predators that are harming their livestock directly, but the appeals to emotion about it are embarrassing and childish sounding.
    This in my view is really a bigger problem than most realize and I'll spare my normal 58 flavors of Ragu ( Prego I think actually ) pasta sauce rant. There is a real problem with bad information and bad ideas and in the digital age it has begun to compound for every thoughtful well written piece of 'data' there are a thousand garbage bits of data being churned out en masse to the point where finding things of real value becomes increasingly hard. Articles like this contribute to this problem but in addition it provide no real information I'm sure. If I had to guess it would be possibly two to three paragraphs with an emotionally charged headline the thing to notice is what percentage of the webarticle is dedicated to advertisement, I'd be willing to wager they take up several times the space of the actual content of said 'article'. A large majority of it is just ghost written click bait garbage with no intention of providing any value other than the revenue it can generate for the proprietor of said cesspool in cyberspace from your traffic. It's predatory and the way things like this are worded to appeal to the growing numbers that have allowed themselves to become emotional fodder for such nonsense.

( https://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gl...paghetti_sauce )

Of course I find a Ted on it but it's something we had talked pretty extensively in psych coursework which was similar but was marketing and making people feel empowered by irrelevant choices ( Much like Voting )
    Last edited by Koba; December 18th, 2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: auto-correct correcting ^^;

Bork! Bork! Bork! Bork! Awoooooooooo !

That is all. :3

Me having unsupportive close minded family and not being able to take testosterone:
    Me noticing my favorite foods and the vitamins prescribed by my therapist contain T: =D

Frock I just noticed this was the therian daily thought and not the positivity thread XD
    Anyway I miss my dwarf shifts and also being a deer in this season sucks

Blog Entries

What do you mean by dwarf shifts?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I'm calling it: Weird Al is a coyote.

I could also see Lady Gaga being therian, for some reason. Not a coyote. I don't know what she'd be. Cat? Something in the mink family?
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    I'm calling it: Weird Al is a coyote.

I could also see Lady Gaga being therian, for some reason. Not a coyote. I don't know what she'd be. Cat? Something in the mink family?
    Bird. Maybe a parrot of some sort or a beautiful bird of paradise?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & cat| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch