Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

W20 is mostly expanding on the revised edition, and the revised edition has evolved the lore/rules a bit from 2nd edition in addition to splitting the stargazers off. So yes, if you're going from 2e to W20, it may seem different in some regards, but I'd say they all work on the same ideas.

Blog Entries

Yeah, W20 very much felt like a retread. A welcome retread, but a retread.

I have heard... interesting... things about W5, but many of them are not complimentary.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

So many Werewolf: the Apocalypse fans! I wonder if there is something specific that makes it resonate with so many therians, compared to other werecreature media. It certainly seems very detailed.

Truth be told, I'm only interested in it because of the Khan. Others may feel the same way with regard to their respective "Changing breed," or perhaps it's just a resonance with being both human and beast.

Blog Entries

It's cathartic to beat up manifestations of my least favorite problems and it doesn't make the werecreature's schtick revolve around absurd "pack" dynamics even when the werecreatures in question are werehedgehogs or some bullshit.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sula View Post
    So many Werewolf: the Apocalypse fans! I wonder if there is something specific that makes it resonate with so many therians, compared to other werecreature media. It certainly seems very detailed.
    I think it's the lore and the plot/setting that draw people in. The origin stories and cultural details for each type of shapeshifter are all very detailed. The game itself revolves around the werecreatures fighting a sort of manifestation of pollution, corruption, etc. to save the Earth and its spirit in a dark, industrial setting.

My therianthropy-related thought for today: My views on my identity as a therian/animal-person have changed a lot in the last couple years, but I don't think my actual experiences have. I still have phantom sensations, I still have occasional body dysphoria, and I still really strongly relate to dogs and werewolves. Maybe the only real difference is that I don't feel like I have to justify it to myself now. At least not with any explanation other than having a very vivid imagination.

Blog Entries

Watched Beastars because anime / animal people. Was really surprised at how much I enjoyed, though! I figured I'd like it well enough just for its themes falling into my realm of interests, but seriously, it is really great. It's also the first time an anime has had CGI animation that I really liked. So fluid! It's a blast to watch.

Think Zootopia but R-rated. Similar themes of carnivore and herbivore animals trying to live in a society.

The coyote guy looks like a German Shepherd, though, and there's a dang HYENA in the canid dorm. Oof. C'mon.

Blog Entries

Some stuff I recently realized is...

A). Focusing on therianthropy makes it difficult to really feel anything associated with it. It makes me lose sight of myself.
    B). Trying to be something else or simply focusing my attention elsewhere is really helpful if I want to feel anything associated with my actual self.
    C). The past isn't that important to therianthropy. If it was, I'd still be feline and I am not.

I still don't particularly like coyotes. We are absolutely boring animals, tbh. Like most other animals on this planet.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Blog Entries

I went outside for the first time in a long time. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I think I got lost in my own head again, let myself get out of touch with my...well, self. It's good to get out of your head and into your body sometimes. I went to the park to see ducks and geese.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    The coyote guy looks like a German Shepherd, though, and there's a dang HYENA in the canid dorm. Oof. C'mon.
    Separating by taxonomic group never made any sense anyway. Clearly they need ethologists on staff.