Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Blog Entries

I get that feeling sometimes when I'm having a particularly clumsy day. Sometimes it's like I'm operating manually, and I can't do the most basic tasks without flopping around like a marionette. Some days I'm just... mis-calibrated, and it's like my proprioception is wildly off.

And when I feel that awkward, and am being so incessantly clumsy, I sometimes fear I look either like a crazy person, drunk, or like some kind of weird alien, a phony.

I only got out in the field once this week, but it was a nice time. I'm doing a lot of lab work lately, probably soon taking over managing the lab at least for a while. It's stressful. I'm clumsy, but outside, only I get hurt. So many bruises and scrapes this week. In the lab, there's so many thousands of dollars at my fingertips, and SO many opportunities to lose them by making *slightly* the wrong motion. I've always disliked lab work for this reason. I've already had to rework some of the procedures to make them more Kiso-proof.

I belong outside, getting dirty, working physically.

I have started wondering about domestic cats as a theriotype (again). Still a coyote (I ignored this for months at a time once only to have the experiences & urges become more noticeable as long as I ignored) but hm, is there the possibility of something else too?

Edit: If anything, it is cameos as a result of being around cats so much. I have several cats and cannot remember a single time in my life where I was without a cat for too long. Still thinking of taking a break from the community and thinking too much on this stuff for a couple weeks or however long it takes.
    Last edited by Berlin; June 20th, 2020 at 05:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Daily therian thought: You know you're a therian when all your friends are writing about how humans are affected by COVID-19 and you're the only one writing sympathy stories for the starving rats who are in dire need of sustenance due to the restaurants being closed.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Blog Entries

Animality isn't always about big thoughts or big feelings.

Nor is it always about being predatory instead of, for example, being evasive.

I was coyote today wandering the landscape during the heat of day in a heatwave, flopping down into the shade at the park and watching the people and mentally noting the absence of squirrels. The sidewalks were quiet too. I was quiet. It was okay.

Now I'm on a patio with a Guinness Stout, just blending in. This pub's chicken quesadilla is to die for. And nope, this post isn't strictly about therianthropy or coyote nature.

Blog Entries

I've had a few certain songs stuck in my head, and I can't help but think of the zhus whose voices match (mostly) singing along. *takes out ipod*

Some prior days thoughts/journal entry..:

Things have mellowed out a bit as far as shifts...I think that might be because a very slight slow down in art (just ref updates....slow down in the zhu sketchpile)? But at the same time as soon as I say 'things are slowing down' the ramp back up in rather strange ways. I'm curiously in wait.

--
    I came to an important epiphany while discussing things with a friend..

Not going into depth as my true journal again but.. in order to live as a zhuard many times, you would have had to die many times. Sounds plausible as most creatures reach old age and die, but zhuards do not--they are intertwined with the energy surrounding them and can live off of that if they must. There's no such thing as a zhuard's body getting old (major dysphoria for me at times human wise but anyway). That leaves me with several ways I could have died and why I died so much. Perhaps some lives were short (a young zhu falling prey to something or someone). Maybe some of my lives were longer but regardless...I died.

I do remember pre integration with Allen that I was a record keeper of sorts..
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

My friend just pspspspsps'd at me

Since my (much older) brother has been busy all day, my niece has had to stay the night here with us tonight. This has been a reminder of just how much I really lack that "maternal instinct" thing that people apparently have towards human children. There are many reasons that I don't want kids of my own, some of which are obviously unique to the human experience (financial reasons for example), but I can't help but wonder if my therianthropy played a part in its initial development.

I've felt closely connected to animals from a very young age, and also had decided I didn't like babies even when I myself was still a toddler. I was never into baby dolls for example, and the prostpect of me having actual babies of my own one day was always met with a firm "no" from me. I just never liked or wanted children. That wasn't initially really a choice of "I don't want them", but more like I never made the choice to want them. This changed as time went on, and the list of reasons I don't want kids is now a very long one, but perhaps my having never liked them in the first place was an early sign of my nonhuman identity.

I do, however, absolutely adore kittens. ^-^

This will sound bizarre but I’m wishing I had super extra ridiculously long fingers right now? I guess if you look at a wing it’s kind of like that

I'm getting really excited for OtherCon :3

Wearing all black makes me feel good, for reasons other than the fact that black goes with everything.