View Poll Results: Which tattoo paw or claw should I get?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolf

1 20.00%
  • Coyote

3 60.00%
  • Cat

2 40.00%
  • Crow

1 20.00%
  • Raven

1 20.00%
  • Bear

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking Werelisters: Which tattoo should i get? With a bonus...

Blog Entries

Default Asking Werelisters: Which tattoo should I get next week?

Coyote and wolf are obvious. Cat? Well, I adore domestic cats. Bear? I've heard from so many people that I give off bear mojo. Crow and raven? Also highly influential, and two of my favourite animals.

Which pawprint should I get on my left wrist? I live right by a tattoo parlour. I don't have any tattoos yet.

When I get it, I'll upload a photo!
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; June 13th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.

If coyote and wolf are obvious choices to you, I'd suggest one of them! Better to get something that you alone are absolutely certain you'd like because they hold meaning to you, even if canine paw tattoos are quite common.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Crow. Pretty uncommon tattoo subjects in any form based on what I have noticed.
    It's also what I would choose if I got any sort of animal based tattoo. Being crowhearted and all. But that's just me.

Blog Entries

It's interesting to me that so far, people have chosen everything except bear! The "bear energy" thing started years ago, and it definitely has its strengths, no pun intended. But now I kinda want to get all of these in a linear tattoo progressing down my inner forearm, haha. Which is... possible, I suppose?

But I'd still want to focus on one pawprint or marking specifically.

Keep voting! I'm watching, and I'll post photos when I get the tattoo done!

Blog Entries

I chose coyote, for the obvious reasons, and cat, because I am also partial to cats.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Hmm... maybe a cat pawprint inside of a coyote pawprint? I hope that's not cheating!

I could actually see myself getting a column of these varied markings all the way down my forearm.

I'm trying not to be squeamish. I'm not afraid of needles, or moderate pain, or blood, but I don't like it when needles approach veins, like the veins in my inner arm. I know the tattoo needles will go into a more superficial skin layer and won't touch the veins, but still, there's this reflex to flinch.

Thank you to everyone who's voted so far!

Blog Entries

Coyote pawprint with crow feathers flanking, or cat pawprints with the same. I know how dear your kitties have been to you. I melt whenever I see someone with pet-tribute tats.

Are you picking from pre-existing art at the tatooist's, seeking a commission, or something else?

>.>' Asking because if there's something you want drawn up... maybe I can help?
    Last edited by Kisota; June 13th, 2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Coyote pawprint with crow feathers flanking, or cat pawprints with the same.
    I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment, actually. If you're unable to decide on one of them, perhaps get creative and mix different ones together somehow.

Looking forward to seeing the tattoo when it's finished!
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    But now I kinda want to get all of these in a linear tattoo progressing down my inner forearm, haha. Which is... possible, I suppose?
    Oh it's absolutely possible because I have it! In my case, I have my four cats' right front paw prints running from my wrist up towards my elbow on my inner forearm. It looks like my girls walked all down my arm!

In the case of your first tattoo CJ, I would suggest caution. Don't go in blindly with suggestions random people online have made; tattoos are forever! Maybe take some time to think about which animal you'd like most represented and then get some sort of rough idea sketched up to go with. Your tattoo artist can refine the specifics. Think about things like what you want it to represent, the sizing for the location, colors vs grey scale, whether you want it easily covered or not.

I have 6 tattoos and each one took a long time to figure out exactly how I wanted it to look and where I wanted it. Take your time, there's no rush, so you can get it perfect!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    Oh it's absolutely possible because I have it! In my case, I have my four cats' right front paw prints running from my wrist up towards my elbow on my inner forearm. It looks like my girls walked all down my arm!
    That sounds awesome! And it tugs at my heartstrings. I would have five kitties to commemorate if I go by individual cats.

Thank you for the advice. It's not something I plan on taking too tightly. I actually had a skater friend, Chris, who was so casual about life that he went to the States for a festival and got 'my name is chris' tattooed on his forearm in lowercase along with a stick figure. He owned a company that manufactured rollerblade wheels. Only he could get away with that...

Was it more painful when the needle got too close to the inside arm opposite your elbow? My last roommate told me about the pain of getting tattoos in "the ditch" there.

I'm taking everyone's thoughts into consideration. Thanks for voting, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota
    Are you picking from pre-existing art at the tatooist's, seeking a commission, or something else?
    Definitely prefer something individualistic, but I'll fall back on a generic set of coyote pawprints from Google Images if necessary. Nothing too fancy in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Coyote
    >.>' Asking because if there's something you want drawn up... maybe I can help?
    That would be so cool! If you have the time, that is. I use Visa, PayPal, online banking, and Amazon gifts.

Right now I have a forearm of available area and a left upper arm with a scar from mole removal. Getting the scar tattooed over with a pawprint and two feathers would be excellent! Let's talk over DM.

I'm thinking the pawprint should be red and black. I'm not an anarchist; it's just my preference. Small cat pawprints beneath my wrist inked in black sound good, too. I'll just use an online reference for those.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; June 17th, 2020 at 09:40 PM.