Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Little bit pissed that I can't actually plot things out in a neat timeline or find ways to explain things the way I wish I could. When asked Therian questions, is love to be able to give clear answers with cited personal sources. Alas, it'll never be. So making do is all I can do.

Blog Entries

Don't worry. You don't have to explain everything to others. You know who you are and that's what matters

I spent two hours trying to find a comfortable sleeping position to lay in last night. What this has to with therianthropy is that the sleeping position I felt like being in was one that I would have no issue achieving if I was physically a coyote. I tried to replicate several times anyway. I didn't sleep very well.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by InTheWoodsSomewhere View Post
    Don't worry. You don't have to explain everything to others. You know who you are and that's what matters
    I'm a triple Gemini (Sun/Mercury/Venus) so I really...would like to be able to. I want to be understood the way I understand myself. Yeah it's unrealistic but I want to avoid being misinterpreted at all costs.

Blog Entries

A bit of off and on species and gender dysphoria- the usual at times. But talking to members with very similar...albeit unique issues with similarities helps immensely.
    Thanks Lyc and Lopori, wherever you are~
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Was going through something written by liongoatsnake last night regarding signals of Therianthropy throughout childhood and it felt very refreshing. Puts things to words that I felt/did too but had trouble expressing. I am grateful for their writings and thoughts and presence, and the fact that I can still find them after so many years.

Blog Entries

I went through a little bit of this when I started identifying as Pagan and openly wearing a Pentacle. Worked retail at the time so got quite a few inquiries.
    Sometimes it is just a matter of practice.

Communication is, at base, taking an idea and conveying it so the other party understands it. So which audience you're trying to explain things to matters. A bunch of furries? Hell, they'll know what you're talking about. Random people on the street? Less so. So what might they understand, what analogies would they have been exposed to? You could say that it's like having a spirit animal. If they're trans-friendly, you could explain species dysphoria's similarity to gender dysphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Burd View Post
    Little bit pissed that I can't actually plot things out in a neat timeline or find ways to explain things the way I wish I could. When asked Therian questions, is love to be able to give clear answers with cited personal sources. Alas, it'll never be. So making do is all I can do.

Forever Running, RunningRed

Blog Entries

Over the past year or so, shifts and dysphoria have gradually ebbed out. Dysphoria (both in terms species and gender) does flare up when triggered, but quickly fades away. Ever since I met my partner, it's been on the decline, and now it's largely stilled. Other than strictly physically, I'm by no means a ‘human’—much less a man—but now it's somehow more ‘ok’. At least for this life. Now I mostly experience the more positive sides, the aesthetics. Horses are very aesthetically pleasing creatures (which no doubt accounts for their abundance in art). Now I can watch them without that bitter sorrow of being gone from their flock.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

I found the trippiest thing thanks to tumblr today. If you experience a phantom tail, all you have to do is wiggle the tip of your tongue and focus on it.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Blog Entries

It is very interesting to me how fall always seems to provoke an extra lot of animal feelings. Those urges to just fling humanity off like an old bathrobe and take off into the long brown grass and leaves! The smells and cool air. I don't know. Something about it. Feeling extra coyote this past week or so, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly how.