Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Zed: I really like sugar (naturally, since I'm a moth :P), so Easter is a perfect opportunity for me to gorge myself on candy! One of my systemmates really doesn't like it when we overeat sugar, so it's a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Blog Entries

I'm rewatching Wolf's Rain and there's a bit where Toboe is whining. Then I started whining in a very canine way too and didn't even notice I was whining at all until a few seconds after I started up. It was such a subtle thing I didn't notice right away.
    Last edited by Berlin; April 7th, 2021 at 10:25 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't take inordinate pleasure in being a jerk, and I'm not above criticism, but damn, check out the therian groups on the biggest social media platforms. I'm glad I mostly managed to avoid that silliness as a teenager. My adult friends tended to be mature, logical, and well-adjusted (aside from some petty, immature bullies). There is a LOT to criticize about the therian community in general. I'm not naming names, of course. But wow.
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    I don't take inordinate pleasure in being a jerk, and I'm not above criticism, but damn, check out the therian groups on the biggest social media platforms. I'm glad I mostly managed to avoid that silliness as a teenager. My adult friends tended to be mature, logical, and well-adjusted (aside from some petty, immature bullies). There is a LOT to criticize about the therian community in general. I'm not naming names, of course. But wow.
    I pretty much feel the same way and it's a big reason I tend to keep a distance from the community 'as a whole', not that it much matters but I would proudly and publicly use the term therian as openly as I am about being a gay kinky weirdo and for me it's similar to the issue with being openly a 'Furry' ( being a 'furry' as well, technically I guess. ) because the vocal majority tend to be the type of individuals that are, nicely put 'a mess' and propagate a negative stereotype of therians and therianthropy as a whole. It's also a reason I don't look at therian related contest except for mostly forums because every time I do it's either sadly pathetic or makes me feel like I need to find a heavy object so I may smite certain individuals 'for the good of all peoples.'. Sounds kind of messed up I guess but, not everyone is reasonable.

I am so tired right now that I am having a hard time acting like a human. That's what I get for doing hard, manual labor when I'm still not completely recovered from being sick last March. At least my family all knows I'm a raven so they will excuse the odd behaviors that I normally can keep in check when I'm not feeling like I'm about to pass out!

It's been a rough week, but my mood has significantly improved upon seeing my new icon from Kisota! It's beautiful, accurate, and makes me feel so good - I'm jazzed to have it

Blog Entries

Sooo happy that you like! I really enjoyed doing that one. :3

I’ve had an itch lately to get out in the woods to camp and do some fishing. It would be amazing to do those things together. I’d have to do some research, though. I’m not really into the idea of a crowded campground experience. I don’t go in the woods to look at other people’s tents.

I’m also really craving going fishing. I’m thinking about getting a more portable rod this year. I have a pretty standard one that pulls into two pieces. But my most fun fishing experience was on a little trout stream in Montana some years ago, with a little spinner rod and a very experienced colleague to guide me. I caught my own rainbow and brown trout and dispatched and cleaned them myself in the field. I ate the rainbow and a pear for lunch and then took the most satisfied nap of my life on a stiff trailer futon.

That’s what I want to do right now! I looked into fly fishing, but I don’t think I can invest the time or the money in learning that right now. But the stream side standard fishing was still fun as heck and active enough to feel like a good satisfying hunt (vs totally passive fishing).

But grabbing my own trout right out of a stream, wolfing it down with some fruit, and passing out in the sun? Yeah, that would make me a pretty happy coyote.

It’ll be another month before the weather is remotely stable though. Weather is shit again this week - no sunbathing for me. Of course, once the weather’s nice, you cannot get away from other people very easily.

Blog Entries

For one reason or another I'm feeling quite zhu-ish. I've been getting pretty playful mental shifts--or at least playful for a zhuard. I've been getting minor varying phantom shifts which just make the moments more enjoyable.

Also..this month marks my 10th year in the greater therian community~
    Last edited by Vintage; April 25th, 2021 at 12:04 PM.
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

I have been having on and off Wolf feelings for the past few weeks. I have had a few wolf dreams but I can't remember them. Life has gotten in the way of my therianthropy. Mostly because of what happened to me in early 2020. But I am hopeful that I will have more and more wolf feelings and dreams as the time goes on. I just need to concentrate on them more.

Blog Entries

A loudmouthed animal person, circa decades ago:

"Here's something you won't see on any forum.

'I'm not a therian.'

'Oh? What are you, then?'

'I'm a wolf.' "

I'm not a therian. I'm so disinterested in scrutinizing myself in public to an audience of strangers. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    "To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult."
    — Isaac Asimov