Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Generic replacement message to fill character requirements.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 22nd, 2020 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries

My former best friend, who knows about my animality, referred to all therians as "people pretending to be animals". Ow.

I don't even know where to begin with that. It's generally not conscious play-acting, for one.

Blog Entries

It's easy to get focused on work and almost forget about one's animal quirks.

But then coyote-brain sneaks up on me. SO many little calves and lambs right now... a little too exciting.

Blog Entries

I feel slightly guilty referencing Quil's site, Absurdism, partially because he notably wasn't and isn't a fan of Werelist, and partially because we knew each other only briefly. A long time ago. When I was very much still figuring stuff out.

But this fucking resonates:

"These qualities go deeper than mere resemblance, because I do not force them. They come unbidden. I do not tell myself I'll be territorial or skittish because that's what a leopard should do. I am territorial and skittish because that's what a leopard does do."
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; May 17th, 2020 at 07:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Daily thought: Some days I just want to be someone's pet. Is that too much to ask? Some nice food and water dishes, someone who will pet me and play with me using cute little toys. Oh, what a wonderful dream.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

I think my recent thing with perfume oils does tie in with therianthropy in that I want to to be identified by scent before sight. Human bodies just don't produce a scent on the same scale and no one really tries to smell a person's natural scent anyway so a substitute is needed. I ended up getting one that's earthy & plant-like so it shouldn't be too much of a bother on my nose at least.

I don't fit the "typical" description of a therian, I guess. I admire all these "self-sufficient" types. I do want to be like them someday. But I'm not right now. I'm not super in-shape, I spend most of my time in front of a desk, I eat store-bought food, and I live in a (small) city.
    But the way I see it, I'm just doing what I need to do right now, until I find the right opportunity to get what I really want. Is that not survival, in its own way? So what if I'm more of a pizza rat than a majestic soaring eagle.

On a more interesting note, ANHINGAS! How have I not found this before? Lots of videos.
    https://ebird.org/species/anhing
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 26th, 2020 at 05:31 AM.

I don't think I am "typical" either. I think more therians I met were more likely in situation like you than in situation like me.

And also, all of this "self-sufficient" stuff takes time and effort. And probably needs some opportunities as well. I started to move in this direction seriously, about 14 years ago? And still not in the spot I would like to be. But at least, I'm much more close now.

I want to say. If you want something like this, just don't forget it.

Nice birds, btw. We have a very interesting bird in the swamps and bogs here. A lot of persons amazed hearing it's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3VU...ature=emb_logo
    Last edited by Forest Wind; May 26th, 2020 at 07:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I don't fit the "typical" description of a therian, I guess. I admire all these "self-sufficient" types. I do want to be like them someday. But I'm not right now. I'm not super in-shape, I spend most of my time in front of a desk, I eat store-bought food, and I live in a (small) city.
    But the way I see it, I'm just doing what I need to do right now, until I find the right opportunity to get what I really want. Is that not survival, in its own way? So what if I'm more of a pizza rat than a majestic soaring eagle.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

There's so much to learn and do in life, so many different skills, areas of specialty, and knowledge to acquire that nobody will ever achieve even a fraction of what there is to know, see, and do. If one becomes a survivalist or expert outdoorsman, that's necessarily going to come at the expense of other things. Especially being an American, it's a pretty hard thing to achieve. Even full time employees often only have two weeks of vacation and year(and that sometimes counts sick days). It's difficult to have the time, money, and opportunity to do it, so that's a limiting factor as well.

If that's what you want to achieve, you will find a way. If that's not actually what you want, then you're no worse off for it. There is definitely a kind of romanticized ideal of living in harmony with nature and self-sufficiency among the therian community, but I think most people would not take it too seriously as some kind of universal principal that all people must strive towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Wind View Post
    I don't think I am "typical" either. I think more therians I met were more likely in situation like you than in situation like me.

And also, all of this "self-sufficient" stuff takes time and effort. And probably needs some opportunities as well. I started to move in this direction seriously, about 14 years ago? And still not in the spot I would like to be. But at least, I'm much more close now.

I want to say. If you want something like this, just don't forget it.

Nice birds, btw. We have a very interesting bird in the swamps and bogs here. A lot of persons amazed hearing it's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3VU...ature=emb_logo
    Thanks man.

Oh, I've seen those birds before! Well, on video, anyway. They sound funny.

Edit: Thanks TopBrass too!! Must have posted at the exact same time I did. I didn't see your post until just now.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 26th, 2020 at 09:36 AM.