Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Blog Entries

I too have always been fascinated in illusions and shapeshifting for as long as I could remember. Even before I identified correctly as otherkin/therian. This is mainly due to one of my kin types being an illusionist of sorts. I also can't discredit my closeness to wolves, though I was more interested in other mythos such as dragons and gryphons than werewolves back then. Those days have passed, though I've been attracted to other things nowadays.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Sometimes I wonder if there’s this big “human experience” that I’m missing out and whether or not that makes me broken. There are some things expected from all humans, like the desire for a family and physical or mental closeness to someone in a way that is supposedly “humane”.

Also, how is the human idea of a family different from that of a different species, for example a wolf? When a human-identified human looks at the sea, do they see it in a different light than I do? I know everyone experiences the world in their own unique way but I also wonder what would it be like to see it through the eyes of a different species than the one I identify as.

Quote Originally Posted by Sula View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if there’s this big “human experience” that I’m missing out and whether or not that makes me broken.
    Possibly. I sometimes wonder the same thing. I may be physically human but I don't get the whole "being human" thing.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

I'm sure I'm missing out somewhere, if not for the cormorant thing, then at least for the "I'm weird" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I'm sure I'm missing out somewhere, if not for the cormorant thing, then at least for the "I'm weird" thing.
    I'm definitely missing something with the whole 'human experience' thing! I just don't get a lot of the things humans do/care about!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

What kind of things for instance, elinox?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    What kind of things for instance, elinox?
    Things that every human around me does or is interested in and understands: following the news, fashion/makeup for women, competition and 'being the best' (this is a very American thing too), etc. Things very common, and "normal" in American society that don't interest me or that I simply don't understand. It could be simply that it's all stuff I'm not interested in from a human perspective, yet I've never met anyone like me who 'doesn't get it' in the same way I do, so I feel it comes from my 'kin identity.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    Things that every human around me does or is interested in and understands: following the news, fashion/makeup for women, competition and 'being the best' (this is a very American thing too), etc. Things very common, and "normal" in American society that don't interest me or that I simply don't understand. It could be simply that it's all stuff I'm not interested in from a human perspective, yet I've never met anyone like me who 'doesn't get it' in the same way I do, so I feel it comes from my 'kin identity.
    Aside from following the news (especially in the events that happened last night), I am in the same boat and have struggled with this a lot. I'm so apathetic to the 'human way' because I really want to be back doing things the 'kin way' or rather of one of my kintypes in particular. I no longer have many goals for myself and I've become quite somber about existing in a place in which I can't express myself in the way that I used to/ the 'kin way'. I have to be put up to these human expectations and it's very stressful.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Just a real simple answer from me on this ''Human Experience''. I hate it. The way they do things. Like trying to get a job or over pricing things. Or trying to get medical help and other stiff like that. For me, Its trying to get a job and a new ID and a bank account. So if I was living in my Wolf body out in the wild, I wouldn't have to put up with any of this shit. Besides the fact that I love all the stuff that I have and my dogs. I hate living like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Just a real simple answer from me on this ''Human Experience''. I hate it. The way they do things. Like trying to get a job or over pricing things. Or trying to get medical help and other stiff like that. For me, Its trying to get a job and a new ID and a bank account. So if I was living in my Wolf body out in the wild, I wouldn't have to put up with any of this shit.
    I certainly agree, humans are far too civilised. I avoid human crap as much as possible and aim to/prefer to live as "naturally" as possible, even in a human body.

Wolves just live in whatever in environment they're in with whatever resources they have available to them, following their instincts. They don't have a ritualised society with money and law and fashion and employment and all these other weird concepts.

The only part of civilised human life that I wouldn't want to give up is my computer. Other people's computers I couldn't care less about and computing/technology as a whole is a big ugly mess that's only getting worse, but 75% to 90% of my day-to-day life involves programming or otherwise working with my computer and to be honest I think I would miss this if I was a wolf (assuming I still had human intelligence capable of understanding such things as computers). I can kinda type with paws though...
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536