Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Blog Entries

It wouldn't occur to me not to think about being animal at all for a considerable length of time, like being too busy for it. Years ago, some members of Werelist were saying that they never feel very animal when they're sick, and that their brains and bodies must not have the energy for therianthropy. ??? It's integral. I don't know another way of being. I'm not nearly as interested in scrutinizing myself as I once was, though. Like many of us, I've grown up and grown into it.

Seconding what Kiso said about autumn, my favourite season. Kiso, what's yours? I can't tell for certain if it's autumn or summer, but I'm leaning toward summer. Everything about you says summer.

What's your favourite season, y'all?

Don't eat your pet fish.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; October 14th, 2020 at 12:58 AM.

Blog Entries

I think we might have a favorite season thread!

You called it - I like summer best but fall is a close second. I want to say I like spring, but all but one of the places I've lived have had really rough springtimes. As in, it stays cold stupidly long and there's a lot of mud involved. And then you discover you are actually in Fool's Spring and winter bitchslaps you again.

I actually do like winter too, and I like snow when I'm walking in it... not so much when I'm driving in it. I find it really hard to stay warm enough through most of winter, too. Everyone always says "you can always add layers." But no one wants to look like Randy from A Christmas Story. Being encumbered sucks and doesn't really do much to help the hands and feet when you tend to lose circulation in the cold like I do.

I shed head better than I produce it. Plus, I like bugs and reptiles and amphibians and being as unencumbered as possible out in the wilds. Yep, summer suits me best.

But DANG is autumn good, too. We are at the peak of colors around here, now, and so my cross-state drive for a solo mission for work was awesomely scenic.

Blog Entries

Ya know, I just figured out something: This is TMI so I'll put it under a spoiler tag I found out that I m-shift not just from anger but when I throw up. While I was sick for a bit, I threw up in the toilet and I had a sudden flash of an m-shift. Like I lost control of myself for a second.

Anyways, hope the spoiler tag works. Looks like it did, good. But yeah, I just found that interesting, it's either that or when it's the time of the month that I nearly end up going crazy, but I am sure every woman is like that monthly.

Blog Entries

I just wanted to post, before the end of the year, that 2020 is my 25th anniversary in the therian community.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post
    I just wanted to post, before the end of the year, that 2020 is my 25th anniversary in the therian community.
    Happy anniversary, Jakkal!

I'm currently questioning my kithtype (Cats) on whether they are a theriotype or still a kithtype.

Blog Entries

Hot dang, that's cool, Jakkal! I'm around 16 years I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post
    You've been in the therian community longer than I've been in the living community lol
    Which is cool!

I been on and off in the community going back to my high school years. Wow, where did the time go. I want to travel back in time then.

Blog Entries

Congrats on the longevity, Jakkal! And welcome back. Where have you been hiding?

I've been around since 2002. I started out on pagan ezboard forums like Shadow Pathways (much less fluffy than the name implies) and then migrated to LJ. Around 2007, everyone moved to Dreamwidth and I disappeared.

I was never important; I was just kind of around.

Jakkal, you were the one who gave me my first invite code to Gmail! I wasn't part of your cult following, since I don't do cults of personality, but I remember seeing you on LJ.

I wonder what happened to the cats who moderated WereNet? I don't remember usernames beyond Catalase. I was a lurker who posted occasionally. Damn, Werelist is incredibly civil in comparison to what I remember of the old communities. It was either fluffy crystal bullshit or egos and posturing. The old Werelist was decent, but kind of quiet? I remember Swiftpaw raging at everyone for being fake and getting banned.

I also wonder where the artists went. I was a member of Oakpaw's Forum. I was a fan of Kyoht, but not so much Goldenwolf, because my friend circle at the time hated her. (It was a really toxic environment, needless to say. So much DRAMA.) I can't recall the name, but we had a 14 year old acclaimed artist whose realist wildlife paintings were being displayed in the local museum! She was Swedish, if I recall correctly. Way to make everyone else feel insecure about their own art, haha.

Nehi and his Werebible, which I didn't take the time to read.

Werewolf.com, which was a dumpster fire. Oh, god, the moderator LycanthropicHowl. I recall someone posting "LH, you are my alpha" with a bowing emoji.

Lupa Greenwolf, who I personally found too fluffy to take seriously. I think she's still on DreamWidth. I should have ordered her book A Field Guide To Otherkin for the novelty factor.

I knew Quil for a bit, just a couple of years. An actual child prodigy. His intellect was intimidating even at age twelve.