Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla

Default Godzilla

We got some Godzilla fans on here. Including myself. So lets talk about all things Godzilla. What Godzilla movies do you like. Which ones do you don't like. What do you think about the new Shin Godzilla.? One of my favorite Godzilla movies are the 1950s Godzilla movie, Both the Japanese one and the American version. But I have to say that the American one is a bit flat with having that American actor in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBNEG8kLfQ The man who was Godzilla
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; January 2nd, 2019 at 11:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Watched Gojira, the old American Godzilla, the new American Godzilla, Godzilla: Final Wars, and Godzilla vs. Mothra. Liked all of them, even (presume me from the rage of the fans), the old American Godzilla. My least favorite of them was actually Godzilla: Final Wars, which was just kind of ridiculous. And crowded.

It's true that the new American Godzilla's been accused of having a boring protagonist, but it's still my favorite of the ones I've seen. Possibly because it's the one I remember the best, but I liked their depiction of Godzilla too.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I have watched all the Showa movies, all the Heisei films, and some Millenium era films.

I am a fan of the 1998 TriStar production mostly due to nostalgia and creature design. As a Godzilla movie it was subpar, but as a cheesy monster flick? Top notch. I also loved the television spin off cartoon, especially since it included traditional Godzilla abilities such as atomic breath.

The recent 2014 Godzilla was certainly a fun action movie - I'm also one of those mentioned by cheetah there who feels the protagonist was boring. Somehow I can't keep myself from rewatching the film though. Monster and sound design is fantastic, especially for the MUTOs! I am so excited for the sequel, King of the Monsters. The inclusion of classic kaiju like Mothra (my favourite) especially has me hyped.

I am more of a fan of Mothra vs Godzilla, Godzilla vs Biollante, All Monsters Attack and Son of Godzilla. The original Gojira is also a firm favourite. I know within the fan community Son of Godzilla is heavily looked down upon, but I thought it was a fun and lighthearted film.

The recent Japanese entries have me mixed. Shin Godzilla was fantastic in my opinion, with the evolution aspect of Godzilla really fascinating me. The second form especially is my favourite! The anime series, I thought, were absolutely boring. Not looking forward to the third installment but I want to watch it just to see how it ends.

Blog Entries

The new Mothra has me interested. I think her design was going to be more animalistic, and she'd be way tougher... but it would be interesting to see if she's as intelligent as she often was depicted.

Did you watch Final Wars?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    The new Mothra has me interested. I think her design was going to be more animalistic, and she'd be way tougher... but it would be interesting to see if she's as intelligent as she often was depicted.

Did you watch Final Wars?
    I've seen the SH Monsterarts figure of Mothra (as well as HD screenshots of the second trailer), and I'm honestly impressed. She looks incredibly ready to fight, but still remains beautiful. Especially love her apparent bioluminescence, not that I would be biased or anything. I hope they keep her traditional sounds or have her sound similar - she always had an awesome cry.

I have only seen part of Final Wars, I can't remember why I didn't finish it but I will have to set that as a goal for myself. It looks super silly in the best way.

I need to get around to re-watching my Godzilla movies. My list of Godzilla movies are. The 1950s Godzilla King of the monster, Godzilla raids again, Godzilla vs Monster zero, All Monster Attack, Godzilla vs Megalon, Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla vs Megaguirus, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and 2, Godzilla Tokyo SOS, Godzilla 2000 ( my fav ) Godzilla vs sea monster, Godzilla against mechagodzilla Godzilla 1984, Destroy all monsters, Godzilla Final wars, Shin Godzilla, 2014 American Godzilla movie.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; January 3rd, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Hige I will be ready to watch it. Bring on the kaiju-esque dysphoria! I'm too excited! I want to see Rodan most, and I hope they did its roar justice. One of my favorites.
    That all said, before Godzilla, there's like seven other movies I want to see. 2019 is looking to be good for movies- there are lists on the web of movies up until December 2019, but so far the ones between now and summer 2019 are the most accurate as far as dates.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Which other ones are you looking forward to seeing? There are a few superhero films I know of that are coming out in 2019, but the quips in Marvel are getting a little stale, so I'm looking for other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hige I will be ready to watch it. Bring on the kaiju-esque dysphoria! I'm too excited! I want to see Rodan most, and I hope they did its roar justice. One of my favorites.
    That all said, before Godzilla, there's like seven other movies I want to see. 2019 is looking to be good for movies- there are lists on the web of movies up until December 2019, but so far the ones between now and summer 2019 are the most accurate as far as dates.
    Well then my dear, I got something for ya. New footage of rodan and his roar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1CD1DCj5Q

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Which other ones are you looking forward to seeing? There are a few superhero films I know of that are coming out in 2019, but the quips in Marvel are getting a little stale, so I'm looking for other stuff.
    I am looking forward to seeing the new how to train your dragon movie that is coming out next month. But from watching the trailer. It just looks like Httyd 2 but with a different villain. Tomorrow, I will see what the fans say on youtube.