Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Godzilla

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.Y
    Posts
    684
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Which other ones are you looking forward to seeing? There are a few superhero films I know of that are coming out in 2019, but the quips in Marvel are getting a little stale, so I'm looking for other stuff.
    Me? Hmm *breaks out the list* Everything is in date order too-
    -Replicas (jan 11th)
    -Glass (jan 18th)
    -prodigy (Feb 8th)
    -Httyd 3 (feb 22th)
    -Captain Marvel (march 8th)
    -The mustang *maybe* (march 15th)
    -Us (march 18th)
    -Pet Cemetery (april 5th)
    -Avengers End Game (April 26th)
    -Bright Burn -basically a superman horror AU- (may 24th)
    -Godzilla, of course
    -Spiderman /maybe* (July 5th)
    -It 2 (september 6th)

    I stopped my list there even though there were several other movies in october, november and december. However it's so far away that they might change their dates. There's no way I'm going to see all of these, but I guess I can pick and choose for the big screen.


    I am looking forward to seeing the new how to train your dragon movie that is coming out next month. But from watching the trailer. It just looks like Httyd 2 but with a different villain. Tomorrow, I will see what the fans say on youtube.
    I'm just pissed at the 'white feminine dragon, oh so perfect bride for toothless'. Really? Stormfly and meatlug are female yet they look totally...not to our standards of false beauty. They could've done a bird of prey type style: the female being bigger but duller. Or anything in between. I get the whole white scales thing, but it's clear from the poster the lightfury was "cutened" up. Unless there's some plot twist I'm not seeing (an 'uglier', powerful form, or in the case of tumblr's sjw outcries: "she's really a boy!" (lol). No other dragons in this series have such differences. Nightfury and lightfury are already damning. I guess all this to say I wish/hope they are going about this in a more creative way than the predictable. From a design point of course.
    To top it off from the trailer, she's plays the hard to get type. Let's fall deeper into the stereotypes.

    That nitpick aside, avoid some threads on the httyd Reddit- some people have seen the movie.
    Last edited by Vintage; January 9th, 2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Me? Hmm *breaks out the list* Everything is in date order too-
    -Replicas (jan 11th)
    -Glass (jan 18th)
    -prodigy (Feb 8th)
    -Httyd 3 (feb 22th)
    -Captain Marvel (march 8th)
    -The mustang *maybe* (march 15th)
    -Us (march 18th)
    -Pet Cemetery (april 5th)
    -Avengers End Game (April 26th)
    -Bright Burn -basically a superman horror AU- (may 24th)
    -Godzilla, of course
    -Spiderman /maybe* (July 5th)
    -It 2 (september 6th)

    I stopped my list there even though there were several other movies in october, november and december. However it's so far away that they might change their dates. There's no way I'm going to see all of these, but I guess I can pick and choose for the big screen.




    I'm just pissed at the 'white feminine dragon, oh so perfect bride for toothless'. Really? Stormfly and meatlug are female yet they look totally...not to our standards of false beauty. They could've done a bird of prey type style: the female being bigger but duller. Or anything in between. I get the whole white scales thing, but it's clear from the poster the lightfury was "cutened" up. Unless there's some plot twist I'm not seeing (an 'uglier', powerful form, or in the case of tumblr's sjw outcries: "she's really a boy!" (lol). No other dragons in this series have such differences. Nightfury and lightfury are already damning. I guess all this to say I wish/hope they are going about this in a more creative way than the predictable. From a design point of course.
    To top it off from the trailer, she's plays the hard to get type. Let's fall deeper into the stereotypes.

    That nitpick aside, avoid some threads on the httyd Reddit- some people have seen the movie.
    Oh I never thought of that. That the lightfury was a ''play hard to get white feminine dragon sterotypes'' Actually, I thought the same thing as to why not have tootless get with Stormfly. Seeing how they get along so well and that both there riders are in love with each other. Also, I think the lightfury looks a little too perfect and to clean for a dragon.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; January 9th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.Y
    Posts
    684
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Oh I never thought of that. That the lightfury was a ''play hard to get white feminine dragon sterotypes'' Actually, I thought the same thing as to why not have tootless get with Stormfly. Seeing how they get along so well and that both there riders are in love with each other. Also, I think the lightfury looks a little too perfect and to clean for a dragon.
    Yeah it would've been interesting, though I guess species are attracted to what looks like their own species. I like stormfly and toothless together for the same reasons you listed.
    Gez...the more I think about that, the more I wished this toothless and Hiccup would've just met another (male) nightfury to avoid this romance trope haha. But I get it.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Yeah it would've been interesting, though I guess species are attracted to what looks like their own species. I like stormfly and toothless together for the same reasons you listed.
    Gez...the more I think about that, the more I wished this toothless and Hiccup would've just met another (male) nightfury to avoid this romance trope haha. But I get it.
    Yeah, I think so but if I was a dragon, I wouldn't care if I where attracted to my own species or not. But that's just me. As for meeting another nightfury, I think Toothless and Hiccup would have meet more then one fury but a whole group of them. Anyway, Back to Godzilla. I think this new Godzilla movie that will be coming out this year will do better then the new HTTYD move.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; January 9th, 2019 at 09:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •