Thread: Has therianthropy ever created a weird situation for you?

Blog Entries

Default Has therianthropy ever created a weird situation for you?

Has anyone ever had an embarrassing moment because of their therianthropy? A shift at the wrong time, perhaps?

One time I had a mental shift in the night and found myself eating raw ground beef.

That was pretty embarrassing.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.”

I've barked warnings at someone on accident. I also have incidents of growling when startled. I used to "expose" my stomach to my (abusive) parents when they would come up to me if I was already near the ground. Somehow, my brain registered a submissive canine display as the best gesture to use in those cases.
    Last edited by Berlin; September 13th, 2019 at 10:18 AM.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Blog Entries

I'm so sorry you were abused. I hope you're away from them now. Wishing you all the best

I bark, growl, and howl so much at work that managers actually like when I do it now. Sorry but y'all are weird for that. I do it because that's how I express myself. Howling/barking is a canine thing but it is the way my autism prefers to interact with people/things. Finding out yesterday that they like it? Man, this store really is fucky.

Blog Entries

I haven't had any embarrassing situations due to my therianthropy. Possibly because at places I work, I generally cultivate an image of being silly and humorous, so most coworkers brush off anything odd, like me growling at a printer, as "Red being Red".

Forever Running, RunningRed

Blog Entries

That's kinda what I accidentally do. I'm strange enough that people will view smaller animal behaviours as just me being odd again haha

Blog Entries

Nothing of the sort has ever happened for me. When I was younger I liked to think I had animalistic moments, but no. Shifts for me work on an emotional level. I don't act like a horse while in the mindset of one.

The fact that me clearing my throat occasionally sounds like a nicker is enough for people to tease me with horse stuff which, while nice, doesn't mean a whole lot. I growl and hiss during frustration or exertion which is something I picked up from Dad and isn't a therioside expression (horses do neither to my knowledge). It has never even gotten me any askance looks.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

I would not say that therianthropy leads to weird moments, but rather that the accumulation of weird moments leads to me having an other-than-human identity. That being said, I'm through and through "weird" and when people notice it, I just brush it off as being an autistic thing. Which is true. Autism -> weirdness -> other-than-human identity, for me.
    The avatar comes from HERE

When I was younger, my mental shifts would be so strong as to prevent me from actually speaking properly. I wouldn't be able to talk, despite every effort to essentially "snap out of it". There was a time where it happened in middle of hanging out with someone and I really couldn't respond and it happened so quickly. I can't for the life of me remember what brought it on.

I've also had instances where I have growled or hissed in response to someone angering or annoying me. But that was more or less able to be waved away as just simply being too agitated.

But the more embarrassing situation was when I admitted my therianthropy to someone who brought it up with me. She was completely off her rocker and decided that she could divulge the information to anyone and everyone to make herself seem more legit. She had earned herself the nickname of "Wolfgirl" and not in a good way. She had been thoroughly convinced that she could shapeshift into a white wolf and protect the high school. She was pretty much the laughing stock of the school. Fortunately, I was able to play damage control but not before people approached me thinking I was just as messed up as she was.