Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2019!

Blog Entries

Default Halloween 2019!

Yep, it's Spooktober the first - time to crack open a fresh Halloween thread.

So, what's on all y'all's schedules this month?

I'm working on completing a mask that I meant to have done in spring. But it won't be for Halloween. For the first time in ages, I'm NOT doing an animal-themed costume for Halloween.

But I'm hoping and planning on attending the costume party at a favorite brewery later this month. I went last year and had a blast. Lots of dancing and silliness and cool costumes.

There's so many cool fall festivals around as well. Right now I'm trying to get back to my preferred weight about about a month and a half of travel and consequential peer pressure causing me to get lazy and overeat. So I am holding myself back a bit from beer and fall food festivals until I am back on track.

All my fall decor is already up, and the weather is cloudy and gloomy and twenty degrees colder than yesterday! Perfect start to October.

Luckily, Trick-or-Treat night is actually ON Halloween this year in my town!

I'm not sure if we'll do another big party with family and friends, because my kitty's been sick, but we will at least be handing out candy. I will also be celebrating the holiday pagan-style, just privately.

There's also the Ren Faire's spooky themed weekends and plenty of local fall fests too!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

For Halloween this year I plan on inviting my parents over to have dinner and am gonna make some hot mulled cider, which should be fun. Still need to get the place decorated.

I have plans to try and see some friends for an art get together in about two weeks if I can get the money together for a Lyft (the trouble of not having a car, lol). If that fails, I still want to do something art-wise that day, if I have to stay home.

I'm not doing much. Probably giving out candy, watching the whole Halloween series so far, and doing some witchcraft. That's about it, I think.
    "Walking sideways through them gutters
    And you realize that the floor sticks to your feet like history
    Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery" - Modest Mouse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    I'm not doing much. Probably giving out candy, watching the whole Halloween series so far, and doing some witchcraft. That's about it, I think.
    Oh hey! I plan to try working with my spirit guide a bit, am doing some spiritual searching lately and leaning towards paganism. Not sure where to begin, but learning. Also, have been watching Halloween movies myself, just watched Hocus Pocus. The channel Freeform is showing Halloween movies all month

I get to work Halloween night... But prior to the 31st, I'm on a week and a half long vacation and will be at Furpocalypse furry convention October 24th thru 27th!

Ooooo a new Halloween thread!

Let's see, this year I don't have any definitive plans. I've already watched my traditional " The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and made a homemade pumpkin pie. I will probably make another pumpkin pie or two again this month. I still need to wrangle up some real pumpkins to decorate the front part of my house. Will probably go to a local annual festival if it doesn't get rained out. I want my overpriced carnival foods gosh darn it!

Probably going to be cooking more stews and soups and baking homemade dessert goodies. I want to try making a homemade spice cake for my next food adventure!

Not sure about any Halloween parties but I still have my white wolf garb getup costume stuff ready in case we're invited to something at the last minute! Nothing like having something on hand instead of scrambling at the last minute to put something together costume-wise.

Of course I'll be watching "Hocus Pocus" at some point, a repeat viewing of "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" closer to Halloween, and various random spooky movies/tv shows.

That's pretty much it on my neck of the woods...
    Last edited by Somnia; October 4th, 2019 at 06:45 AM.

My Halloween staple movies I always watch this time of year: Sleepy Hollow (20th Anniversary this year!), Hocus Pocus, Van Helsing, Ghostbusters, Addams Family, Dracula Dead & loving It, Clue, Practical Magic and Zombieland.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Heck yeah, we're definitely planning on watching a lot of movies. There's loads of spooky classics I haven't seen. My best pal and I are planning to watch the original Japanese Ringu tonight.

And my mate just revealed that he doesn't even REMEMBER Hocus Pocus so UH THAT IS NOW A PRIORITY!

I really want to be doing all the fun holiday baking but again, going real healthy for a few weeks here to reset post-vacation. BUT I am doing nice seasonal cooking anyway - lots of winter squash and stuff. Butternut squash soup and roasted winter vegetables are happening this weekend... I will take some photos.

Blog Entries

Hmm. It'll be the first Halloween I'll spend at home in a long time. There's a murder mystery play a bit south of where I live, so I might see that. Other than that... not much, most likely. Might watch "scary" B-movies with my family, though. It's something we've enjoyed doing in the past.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier