Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2019!

I went with my werewolf costume for my D&D campaign last night (10/30) and, while I got a comment or two about my tail ("Psst, your tail's showing!"), no one batted an eye when I wore everything all game long (including fangs, ears and the tail).

Today at work I went with a Harry Potter wizard, so I've got my mate's wizard cloak, my Gryffindor scarf and my wand ready, plus my very real Book of Shadows.

Tomorrow for trick-or-treat night (they moved it due to weather) I think I'll go with Belle. Or maybe steampunk, I'm not sure yet.

Happy Howloween!!!!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Or steampunk Belle! The idea of a steampunked Disney character sounds really cool.

Tonight is just choir practice, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to do fun stuff for Halloween. Got some spooky boardgames lined up, which should be great!

I'm fixing a homemade french onion pot roast with potatoes and onions in my crock pot for a late night Halloween dinner tonight. Nothing big going on here, will probably watch a couple things and call it a season. I might make some belated Halloween themed foods next week but we'll see. I've seen recipes floating around with stuffed bell peppers where you carve the bell pepper like a jack-o-lantern. I really want to give that one a try.

Overall I'd say I've had an enjoyable October season even if it wasn't as busy as ones I've had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitstripe View Post
    Or steampunk Belle! The idea of a steampunked Disney character sounds really cool.
    I've seen the idea before and it looks awesome. However, my Belle costume doesn't have any black in it, and, while my corset does have matching blue, it's mostly fake black leather. I may have to think of this because combining them might still work though...good idea!

I watched Hocus Pocus last night!

And tonight, after trick-or-treat is done, it will be the 20th anniversary of Sleepy Hollow!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

I went to a special showing of Nightmare on Elm Street earlier this week. Still need to carve the pumpkin I bought. Sad that spoop season is over! I never feel like I am able to enjoy it enough.

Blog Entries

Went to work as a cat--got a lovely masquerade looking cat mask. The store was really slow after 5pm so my coworkers and I just took Halloween pictures strategically around the store. It was actually kind of fun..
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I watched The Giant Gila Monster, and I can confirm that it is as terribly bad as I expected. That lizard has sinus problems.

It's on YouTube and seems to be in the public domain, so anyone else who wants to see a Mexican beaded lizard pretend to be a Gila monster and stomp around a miniature set can do so. But in addition to being amusingly bad it was often boring. So most wouldn't want to.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I had a great time scaring trick or treaters again this year! Was mega busy so wore the same costume as last year but eh, the costume is dope so it's a good one to repeat. Put on my homemade burlap horror mask, 3D printed articulated claw fingers and Predator sound effects on a bluetooth speaker under a robe and shuffled around in front of my porch, scaring everyone who came by. Super fun! Also went to a Halloween party a few nights before where we had lots of fun and creative food (including insect related dishes, from me) and then stayed up until 1am watching Hocus Pocus. Good times.

I'm already fantasizing about next year's costume, especially since I had to re-use one this year. Things will probably change over the course of the project but right now I'm thinking four big bulbous jumping spider eyes, twisting horns, an anamatronic mouth full of bloody jagged needle teeth that actually opens and closes all the way (with separately moving lip and jaw hinges, as inspired by Adam Savage's No Face costume this year) and then something to break up the human shaped profile a bit - possibly the head being above my own head for height, some sculpted foam to change the shape of my back, etc. Going to explore the possibility of making custom arm stilts so that I can lean forward on them and crawl around like a 4 legged spider beast. Then I want to add an extra jump scare option other than just the freaky mouth opening and closing. Probably some combination of sound effects and led lights, on a button in my sleeve. Sweet dreams, children.

My boogeyman dude: https://imgur.com/a/VLwrucR

Blog Entries

Wow, that's menacing even in GIFs.

Perhaps making some sort of stinger would be suitable?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

That is soo so cool, MountainGhost.

My costume was very "human" this year. Maybe next year it'll have to be a full monstrosity of some kind.