Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather

Breathe underwater PLEASE NOW!!!!

Would you rather: eat a bug or eat mud?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Eat a bug because I have done this before (on purpose and by accident).

Would you rather own a ferret or a hedgehog?
    Last edited by Hazel Moon; January 20th, 2020 at 06:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Ferret. Definitely ferret.

Would you rather hike up a mountain, or hike along the seashore? Let's say that they'd be roughly equivalent in terms of difficulty.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

By the sea.

Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    By the sea.

Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
    Read a book. (Missed you, Elinox! *waves at the seawolf*)

Even though Twitter has turned my attention span into "Look! Squirrel!".

Here's a cheesy question based on really cheesy werewolf fiction: would you rather eat as much as you like of the most expensive gourmet chocolate for a year for free, or instead have tasty gourmet steaks prepared for you for a year for free, as much as you like?

I still haven't read Blood and Chocolate, but I will one day.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; April 27th, 2020 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna go with steaks. More nutritious, more complex. I like chocolate, but I'm not crazy about it. Steak, though? I go all out. Dry-brined reverse-seared, well-marbled ribeye, done medium rare.

Blood and Chocolate is a classic! I read it as a teen (twice) and still consider it one of the most relatable coming-of-age stories, and not just for the werewolf content. It manages to capture some of teen relationships and experience without being all melodramatic and insufferable about it (I'm looking at you, Perks of Being a Wallflower... ugh).

Would you rather have to eat a large grub or a pinecone?

Blog Entries

Mmmmmmmm, larvae!

I did have to think about that for a while. :P Thus begins my deep future kinship with . . . *Googles* beetles, apparently, in the same vein as the silkworm-humans in Vampires in the Lemon Grove, who had to start out by drinking a silkworm pupae in tea. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota
    Blood and Chocolate is a classic! I read it as a teen (twice) and still consider it one of the most relatable coming-of-age stories, and not just for the werewolf content. It manages to capture some of teen relationships and experience without being all melodramatic and insufferable about it (I'm looking at you, Perks of Being a Wallflower... ugh).
    Gotta say, you often provide a welcome counterpoint to whatever popular media phenomenon I'm bitching about. The cult worship is probably what turns me off initially. I later came to agree with you that the ending of the original Blair Witch movie, the corner, is actually pretty decent. Maybe I will check out Blood and Chocolate after all, thanks!

Ooo. Check out Josh Malerman's book The Corner if you like intelligent thrillers, psychological horror, or just plain good writing.

Here's a question I've seen before, which might be a bit ethnically biased: Would you rather eat only bland food for the rest of your life, or only spicy food for the rest of your life?

Blog Entries

Definitely only spicy, and I grew up in Blandsville, USA.

Would you rather drink cold instant coffee, or cold bland tea?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Hmmm, I regularly have done the first. That was something I was doing on fieldwork a lot in 2018.

Bland tea? I'm not sure what that would be. I sometimes drink peppermint or green tea cold... especially if I forget about it.

I could go either way with that! But I'm usually more a tea person.

Would you rather be out in the sun without sunscreen or be out in freezing rain without a coat?

Freezing rain. I'm out in the sun without sunscreen enough.

Would you rather be trapped while a hurricane rages or trapped in a place with an active volcano that is scheduled to erupt at an unpredictable time?