Thread: Restore from backup, expected downtime.

Default Restore from backup, expected downtime.

Due to an issue with btrfs on my server, while I was attempting to clone the forums to make a VB5 upgraded one, it lost this entire forum directory.

I have restored from backup. 8 hours of posts (if any were made) between 3am and 11am this morning MST have been lost.

There will be downtime likely this evening so I can switch over to a different filesystem since this one sucks. Expected 4 hours downtime.

I apologize for the lost posts and the coming downtime, and thanks for your patience.

🦊
    Last edited by Alynna; February 20th, 2020 at 02:53 PM.

Oopses happen! Thanks for all you do.

it will be this morn about 10am MST. I will do a final sync, bring it down, format it, and then copy it back. Its only about 250GB so I'm estimating about 1 hour.

We're back, sorry it took additional time.
    For those into the technical, the site is now backed by 4 480gb SSDs in RAIDz1 (ZFS).

You should experience significantly improved speeds of access (because problems with btrfs were causing issues with some file accesses).

Thanks everyone for your patience.

We're back, sorry it took additional time.
    For those into the technical, the site is now backed by 4 480gb SSDs in RAIDz1 (ZFS).

You should experience significantly improved speeds of access (because problems with btrfs were causing issues with some file accesses).

Thanks everyone for your patience.

We are back for real now. The data was on the wrong device. I had to move it.

You're awesome, thanks for fixing things!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

I apologize again for the off and on downtime.

That RAID of SSDs that the site is done is having issues. Theres no chance of losing the site or data but it is randomly locking up, and this issue exists on all the controllers I currently have because its really a bug between the chipset and the OS and nothing is actually broken.

I've ordered a new controller and when I get home i'll probably end up finding an interim 'sata 2' solution.

Ok we're back, currently throwing no more errors at me, all is good.
    Tomorrow I have a better controlller arriving, and when I get home from work, i'm going to try it.
    If it works perfectly, then we'll be back up within 10 minutes of me putting it in.
    If it does not, i'm not going to try more than 30-60 minutes of troubleshooting before rolling back to this current card.

well needless to say the card replacement went well, no Bad Stuff Happening...
    And polarizing the containers went well too..

I don't anticipate any more issues for a while. Again thanks for all your patience.