Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

Dang, I'm so sorry to hear you're both dealing with that. That was what I was especially terrified of regarding COVID risk - that kind of longer lasting effect would really impact my ability to do my work...

I forgot my meds last night and couldn't sleep so I am dealing with a stomachache and chills soon to have heart trouble and Tardive from withdrawals

Blog Entries

I'm fully vaccinated now. I got the J&J and being a woman in the age range, I had to watch out for blood clots (They also run in my family so I was somewhat concerned). But it's been 2 weeks so I think I'm in the clear.

Not going to change any of our lockdown habits though, not for a while.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

I had the second dose of Moderna over two weeks ago.
    I kept waiting for that dreaded 2nd shot reaction but never had anything beyond a sore arm for 2 days. I am good beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by TherianofFour View Post
    I had the second dose of Moderna over two weeks ago.
    I kept waiting for that dreaded 2nd shot reaction but never had anything beyond a sore arm for 2 days. I am good beyond that.
    I am also not looking forward to my second shot. It's one thing to get awful side effects. It's another to get them and live alone, meaning when you feel like shit, you can't just ask someone to get you water or w/e, you gotta do it yourself. Gonna try and figure out what all to expect so I can be prepared when I get home from it.

A friend of mine had the Moderna shots, too but she got flu like symptoms for about 5 days. She also has an autoimmune disease so that may have made her symptoms worse. I also found out that maybe those who have never had exposure to covid tend to not have bad symptoms from it. I isolated like crazy up until my vaccinations were complete and over two weeks had passed.

Blog Entries

I'm glad to hear folks are getting fully vaccinated. My partner's got her appointment for her second dose and I'm hoping that means my country will let her in soon for the summer (I haven't been able to see her since March 2020). Unfortunately for me I haven't even been able to get my first. Canada's vaccine rollout has been, to put it lightly, complete trash.

They only recently made specifically the AstraZeneca available to folks age +40, so my father's been chasing an appointment. He got approved for it safety wise, though I suspect it's gonna be a bit rough on him since he's a cancer survivor. That is if he can even get an appointment, once again Canada and specifically Ontario are outright sucking at this.

I'm simply here doing what I've been doing this whole time, monitoring myself to protect family.
    Jasper - He/him - 23
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Physically, I am better. Having had diabetes for awhile, the sugars went too high last year. I avoided any doctor visits for the entire 2020 year. Once I got fully vaccinated I started setting up appointments for checkups. The day before my first checkup and physical in late March, I had a mild heart attack. It turned out to be stressed induced. The plus side is after all the tests were done they found I didn't have any signs of congestive heart failure, which has claimed my dad and all his siblings. The downside is now I have to keep streamlining my diet I had started the first of the year even more and do even more physical activity to help heal and maintain the health of my heart. More good news is somehow I managed to lose 25 pounds last year and streamline my body. I have 25 more to go and most of that, for me, is working on muscle rebuilding to tighten skin and fight off the natural aging of my 42 year old body.
    I haven't been this low in weight since 1999.

That being said, lately I have been struggling with having to interact within human society. Having grown up in the forests and swamps, I had to flee my home town 4 years ago to make a life in a city two counties away. I also work in another city in another county and it takes a toll being among humans, artificial cement and asphalt and all things that make a nature-grounded therian like me full of anxiety.

I get away when I can, camping and such, but as soon as I head back home or to work I am again pacing inside my head like I'm in a cage. I meditate, and at night because I cannot sleep with the sounds of the city I have to sleep with thunderstorm sounds on.

I have been away from the wild for over 6 years total if this city is included. Even my wiccan friend is becoming concerned because of this anxiety.

I do not know how to handle that feeling of needing to break the cage bars and flee into the wild and disappear. I have commitments and a son. I want to move to the country and the human boyfriend doesn't want to, so there is some resentment there.

So...yeah. there's my health in a nutshell.