Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

So, my mom has been working in senior care for a while. This morning, she got word that one of her clients is positive. She's had shifts caring for this person the last four days in a row... The first couple of those days, her work wasn't being entirely transparent about the fact that some exposure might have happened among other workers/clients/etc.

After that she knew there might be risk, but was still working with limited information, and, not wanting to leave a very elderly woman alone with none of her needed care, went in to work.

Today she's got a note from her doctor and is seeking testing. She tells me she thinks she may be symptomatic.

It's hard to articulate all my thoughts. I'm worried, frustrated. It's natural to churn your brain trying to think of what to do. But there's almost nothing to do at all. I'm sick to my stomach.

I know it's not any help at all, but: I hope your mom will be okay. And all of the senior care clients, that covid sh*t spreads like fire through any senior facilities.

I'm sorry to hear that, Kisota. I can understand why you feel frustrated; people working in care and other essential jobs deserve more respect not only from the public but also from their employers. I'm hoping everything turns out ok.

Blog Entries

Thank you both. Still waiting on test results, but she's tired, headachy, and gradually increasingly cough-y. It's very concerning. It feels absolutely terrible to be so powerless to do anything.

Blog Entries

Test results positive. It's going to be a long few weeks.

Blog Entries

Hoping for a mild illness and a speedy recovery. My mother was also infected, and she had a mild cold and lost all sense of taste and smell for about a week and a half. She had a much milder illness than I did myself. Hopefully it's similar for her at worst.

Rona, you b*tch.

Blog Entries

Christ. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm wishing for her quick return to health and hoping her symptoms stay on the milder side. Not that any of it will feel quick for you, your mom, or the rest of your family. Keep us updated.

I'm also hoping that she experiences only a mild case and recovers quickly, for the sake of her, you, and the rest of your family. Please keep us updated if/when you'd like to, and try to take care of yourself in the meantime!

Blog Entries

Mom had to drive herself to the hospital yesterday to get her O2 saturation levels checked. She got a chest xray as well. Her oxygen levels were okay, xray showed some lung congestion as expected. She was given IV fluids and sent home with an inhaler and o2 monitor.

Very scary. She says she's feeling okay-ish today. She's doing everything right. But hell, it's frightening watching the progression and just having to hope for the best. It's also just plain difficult having a loved one sick and in pain. I hate that she is alone. My siblings and I video chatted her a few days ago when she was feeling a little better.

It sucks. Look out for you and yours, guys. And thanks for all the kind thoughts.