Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Officially working from home as my office closed down for all but Essential staff. That's fine (I have the kind of job that can be done remotely and I'm well-stocked on supplies). But my boss said the current anticipated time frame for working remotely is 6-8 weeks and I really do not have 6-8 weeks worth of work to do, so I'm going to have to get into some personal projects and hobbies to fill the time.

My employer is going skeleton crew company wide, so this means stores will only be running on about 10 or so employees every day. I opted to be a person to stay home as I can't risk it with my asthma. Fortunately, Best Buy is actually responding to this pretty decently and all employees will continue to be paid for their normal hours worked if they work, or if they stay home, the average weekly hours they worked over the course of 10 weeks. So I will still be paid and will not have to use my PTO.

Blog Entries

South Denmark. No exposure. No infection. There's only more and more work for us at the warehouse. Mostly we're shipping whole pallets of toilet paper and innumerable packages of hand sanitiser, though. One person thought he'd been exposed and went into quarantine, but so far it sounds like he just got the regular sniffles. The only other person sniffling was supposedly tested and came back negative. There's safety measures put up everywhere. Cops are patrolling to ensure everything is being stuck to. There's supposedly infected people around, but since the government tightened up some restrictions, I'm pretty sure all of the known ones are quarantined.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Doing just fine, though under increasing lockdown in IL. Working from home for now and under reduced hours at my second job.

Blog Entries

Well, update: State is getting more cases, and my area of the state will probably get hit soon; enough people in isolated communities have gotten it that being rural is clearly not that much protection. Work isn't shutting down, but no students are going to be around.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I'm alright. Been in the house since the first case was announced here. Gonna need to go out soon, though.

Update: I woke up this morning with a headache, sneezing and a slight increase in temperature. Could just be a cold since a member of my household had something similar.

Blog Entries

Being an "essential worker" and my company taking forever to respond to the very real crisis going on in New York and elsewhere......tying to keep myself afloat and safe. It's very hard to social distance on the job, people are not listening, I just don't want to bring this home to my family..
    Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~