Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

It's good she got that checked. I've read that sick people are sometimes showing O2 saturation levels as low as in the 50's without showing most of the signs and symptoms. That's extremely shocking. For some context, I used to work at a hospital and if 02 Saturation levels were under 95 that was definitely a cause for alarm. The lowest levels I've seen were around 85, but that was in unhealthy, very elderly people and was corrected immediately by a change in posture. 02 sat in the 50's would be an immediate emergency situation! You can get pulse oximeter devices at Walmart I think. I recommend them in general. It's a good thing to have along with a blood pressure cuff.

Watching myself for signs because I went to a large event yesterday. Lots of precautions were taken, and I protected myself as much as possible, but on the off chance my measures weren't effective....
    So far I seem fine. It's only been a day though.

Blog Entries

My mom has a pulse oximeter. So far so good on that metric. She's mostly exhausted and headachey. Moderate fever, though it's usually gone back down in the morning. It really tears me up to hear her cough, but I'm glad she's had the energy to talk to me sometimes in the mornings. I managed to make her laugh today.

It's probably going to keep getting worse for a while, but at least it's not awful right now.

Good luck, Kerg, I hope you stay well.

This whole situation is awful - I hope your Mum feels better soon Kisota.

Lockdown is being 'eased' in the UK despite the fact that the corona threat level is still at a point where the government said they WOULDN'T ease lockdown until it was lower... I have no faith in them at all.

I've been furloughed from work for a couple of months. Still unsure when I will go back but I would rather still be home at the moment as it doesn't feel safe.

Blog Entries

Mom's pulse oximeter broke today. She's doing okay, but she's hurting physically and emotionally, because of how little her workplace cares about her. They didn't bother checking on her after telling her her client had COVID, but today called to suggest all the shifts she might pick up. UM, NO, she's fighting off the fucking pandemic disease you guys exposed her to, fuck OFF.

That's my mom! I don't expect them to understand how amazing she is, but she already caught C. diff at work last winter, and they were equally shitty then, so I'm totally fed up with them treating her like she's an expendable resource.

With this on top of everything else going on in the US right now, I'm just seeing red.
    Last edited by Kisota; June 2nd, 2020 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Jaw drop. Who the hell calls in an employee who has Corona?!

What is it with retirement homes and nursing homes in general?? Here in Ontario, usually only the nurses are paid well and highly regarded. If even they are; I don't personally know any nurses. God, fuck that toxic workplace and the way it's treating your mom. I legitimately feel angry on your behalf. And her behalf. There's so much corruption in the eldercare industry. It chews up and spits out workers who are there because of their empathy, those who genuinely like their work and want to make a positive difference.

I'm doing fine, I suppose, physically and psychologically. I struggle with focusing due to ADHD. My stimulant med was causing me way too much anxiety, so my doctor discontinued it. Here I am, calm but unable to focus even on reading a book for any appreciable length of time.

Blog Entries

Still alive. No covid as far as I know, just the usual stress related ailments

Blog Entries

My mom seems to be recovering. She relapsed back into exhaustion and headaches after a few days of improvement, which is a pretty common pattern. But she seems to probably be out of the woods. It has taken a lot out of the rest of us just worrying about her; I can only imagine how awful she has felt. And all alone! My mom is pretty industrious, though, and even if I was there, I wouldn't be able to like... go in and help take care of her.

It's haunting, having loved ones get ill and know you can't even go near them. If they die, you won't be able to gather for a funeral. It absolutely sucks.

And people are getting so lax about proper distancing and masks and stuff. It's like we just got bored of the virus. I'm so frustrated by it. So frustrated by the anti-science thought movements that lead to a pandemic and harm-mitigation efforts like masks becoming so politicized as they are.

Yep. I wear a mask every time I go out and I'm often the only one who does. I get stared at, even. Although there was one funny moment where I went to the post office and was standing in line with only one other person also wearing a mask, and we both looked at each other and nodded lol