Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

Yeah, mine was surprisingly sore too for such a small needle. Makes me wonder why you get such soreness with some vaccines and so little with others.

Everyone in my family will be getting their vaccines in the next few days (they're surplus). Definitely looking forward to that. People are getting vaccinated in our state a lot faster than we'd hoped; it's really nice. I wonder if the lockdown procedures might not be necessary by... well, by summer is probably too early, but before the end of it. It'd be nice.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Still doing fine here. Got vaccinated, no side effects at all beyond very minor soreness. The pandemic did affect my job, though I managed to pivot to doing other things during furlough and am back in a fairly stable financial situation now. Did not affect my leisure time as my activities of choice are outdoors and solitary. Furlough was actually a blessing in disguise in some ways since it meant I had more time to hunt, so I had an absolutely epic deer season. So much venison in the freezer. Yum. There will not be any food shortages at my house no matter what the market does.

Blog Entries

Second vaccine knocked me on my ass. Temp of 101.3 this morning - I normally run about 97.2. Oof. Head and body aches majorly most of the day. I managed to get out on my morning run before the worst of it hit and still saw three coyotes, so that's cool.

It seems to finally be letting up a bit this evening. I'm crossing my fingers it is mostly better tomorrow so we can still get out for a Sunday hike as we like to do.

Still 10/10, absolutely worth it; this is totally expected and fine. It's honestly been fascinating to have symptoms like this and yet not actually feel sick with anything in particular. Noting the physical and mental impacts of the fever was really something - a lot easier to do when you're not actually suffering from an illness. I laughed more this morning than I have in a long time, because the fever made me a little loopy and giddy.

I'm so excited by these vaccines. It's nothing short of a scientific marvel that we have them, and I'm eager to see what else the mRNA vaccine technology brings us in the future. It really could dramatically impact a lot of vaccines and treatments. SO darn cool.

I've only gotten shot one, and it hurt my arm a bit the night of and the first half of the day after, but otherwise I was fine. Lil anxious abt dealing with shot two, but I'll be fine. Got another two weeks before I can get it anyway.

Blog Entries

My arm soreness has also been rather intense, probably even a little worse than a tetanus booster.

At least this time I remembered to take my bandage off immediately... those things give me rashes like crazy.

We are now fully vaccinated! My husband is tired with a headache, but I lucked out and got the aches and chills. I'd rather have this than Covid though!

Blog Entries

Congrats!!

I’m pretty impressed with how hard the second dose slammed me. Mostly better today, though arm is still sore and the lymph node in the armpit on that side is tender as well.

I was surprised too! The first shot was so easy! All we were with that was a little tired but right now my husband and I are barely functioning as humans (Since my last post, my husband has started feeling the same side effects I am). My mom went through similar with her second dose as well. Definitely would rather have this than Covid!

Blog Entries

For SURE. Even when I was running a fever and practically paralyzed with headache and body aches, I was mostly feeling relief. It’s a rare thing to be able to know what day you’re going to feel like crap and be able to plan for it, and it’s a real marvel to be able to set aside that short time and know that it probably will help you dodge an actual disease that could cause you lifelong damage. I was still able to get out for a Sunday hike and get things done!

That is awesome you were still able to do a hike!!

Our doctor is pretty sure we did have covid last March and we tend to agree with him (though he did say it's been long enough that an antibody test wouldn't show anything which, boo).

We are just barely getting to where we can exercise without completely losing our breath again. My husband has never had an illness do lasting damage on him before so I've had to kind of pep talk him through workouts. I've had illnesses that knock me out for months as well as reactions to medications that cause lasting issues so I'm used to it but it sucks that my husband has been going through this too now.