Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Default Checking in: how's your health?

In light of the current global health situation, I wanted to create a check-in thread for folks to let us know how they are doing, health wise. Whether or not it's related to Covid-19, let us know where you are on the globe and how you are doing.

Eastern NC and doing fine here.

Western Europe - I have been exposed to Covid-19 but no signs of being infected.

Nature Coast of Florida. Aside from some somatic episodes made worse by anxiety & google, fine over here. Don't think Covid-19 is in this part yet.

Blog Entries

It's hit Missouri, but I live in a rural area and all the cases thus far have been in Kansas City and St. Louis. Since the local college has told students who were gone for spring break not to come back, the coronavirus hitting my area should be, at the very least, delayed. Good thing, as we have only a couple test kits for the entire county.

I personally should be fine; I have next to no contact with anyone and am not really in an at-risk group.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I have been traveling within the US, attending multiple conventions and even a Con ... so my exposure risk it high with airports and all that, but I am trying to take precautions with hand washing and mindful of what I touch, but there is no escape eating food and drinks that others have touches/prepped .... but lots of Vitamin C an Zinc and trying not to stress too much and hopefully I can hold whatever is coming my way off!

Other than that I am exercising a lot more, blood pressure is under control thanks to a mild med, and I have lost 17 lbs so far Hoping my luck there continues!

Stay well everyone!!

Central PA, USA here. There are cases here now, but I'm fine.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch

Other than my asthma deciding to start giving me issues today, I'm doing fine. Due to my random asthma I'm monitoring my temp regularly as a precaution. There was a confirmed case in a child at a daycare about 10 miles from me. So who knows when or if there will be more cases or if the infected child's family or the child themselves have been into my place of work in the last week or so. I'm not too concerned about it though, my job is giving all employees with confirmed cases paid sick leave so they don't have to worry about using their accrued time or PTO. So there's that.

Being an introvert who would much rather be holed up at home most days, it will be a curse and a blessing, as long as I don't become one of those who has to go to the hospital for it.

I'm all right. Got sick at the end of last week. No big COVID symptoms (no fever, no shortness of breath, mostly just a runny nose). Went to a doctor on Monday just to be safe. They determined it was most likely just a normal cold (which checks out). I had a lot of sick leave available so I took the week off anyway. Never had a fever, haven't coughed in days. Will be back to work on Monday, where I don't interact with a lot of people anyway (often the only one in my office/room). If they close and I have to work from home that should be feasible (I work at a research institute. I can read and write papers from anywhere, and while there are some tasks that require specific software I don't have on my laptop, I'll ask around to see if that can be arranged).

Blog Entries

Western US, fine here, though my city is infected. Since I'm working on the other side of the state right now, I'm having to deal with hard decisions about whether I get to take my scheduled days off and see my partner...

This situation combines a lot of anxieties for me - threats to the health of me and loved ones, crowds (been in a grocery this weekend?!?!), and being COOPED UP more than I would like. It was already a rather lonely winter for me, and field work is being extremely isolating, so having no respite from that even if I go home is a bummer.

Mostly, though, I'm fretting for the health and financial status of some family and friends who are in far more at-risk groups.

The governor just shut everything non-essential down here in PA, USA. I've also been told to stay home from work (at my new job!) for the next 2 weeks.

PS. The furbabies are thrilled I'm at home now!
    Last edited by elinox; March 16th, 2020 at 02:49 PM.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf & clouded leopard| 38 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic witch