Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

I'm fine. Got a bad stomach virus last month. Still dealing with tricky sinuses. Nothing bad, though. I didn't realize how much I take my health for granted until after I got over that stomach virus. Trying to stop taking it for granted.

My husband and I were incredibly sick last March with classic covid symptoms (minus fever) but we got the test late in the illness so his nurse cousin (who has been on the front lines in New York) is pretty sure we had a false negative - especially because we haven't completely recovered. Walking up stairs has us winded, we have weeks where we get the cough and body aches and extreme fatigue, and I even had the covid toes for a while. Covid sucks and I hate it. We live in Utah and the amount of anti mask folks around us is frightening. My husband has to do the shopping because I have a bad immune system, so he tells me what's going on in the world outside.

My mom was able to get the vaccine thankfully, but I felt bad because the second dose triggered the covid immune response, so she had the symptoms (minus cough) for a couple days.

You can try an antibody test! I got one at a local store. They had me sign up for an appointment and pay $25. I don't know where you live but maybe they have that option.
    I thought my test was a false negative because I had some suspicious symptoms and then had lingering effects after getting sick, but the antibody was negative too, so I trust that.

Blog Entries

Father got a positive test result back, and showed some very mild symptoms, but they've cleared up and have stayed cleared up for a few days now.

We don't have testing here unless you show symptoms, though, so we don't know if we have it or not yet. Besides the confirmed number of asymptomatic cases, it wasn't like my father showed much in the way of signs early either (they actually think he had it when he first got tested, but his viral load was so low it showed up as a false negative).

Really hoping they step up implementation of the vaccines.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Kerguelen, we will definitely look into it! I know for a while it was hard to get an antibody test in Utah, but we'll look into it now that things are getting ... better? Kind of?

Cheetah, I am so sorry your dad has a positive test. I hope he stays feeling better! I don't wish those symptoms on anyone!

My mom was able to shower and said she felt human for the first time in a week, so I think she's getting over the second dose symptoms finally!

Blog Entries

Ugh, fingers crossed for all of you guys. So stressful. :c

Saw my mom recently. She's still got mad brain fog and seems to breathe heavily most of the time. She says she still gets totally winded and put out for a good day if she overexerts herself at all.

Hoping my (70+) father will be able to start getting vaccinated soon...

I think the isolation is starting to impact my spouse's mental health and my recent absence didn't help. It's been tough.

Sending good vibes to all of you and your families! So scary and stressful to be impacted, personally or through loved ones.

I've been extremely fortunate to be able to do all my work remotely, and I'll be getting my second round of the vaccine at the end of the month. I just hope my spouse will be able to get it soon, too.

Blog Entries

Spouse is getting the first dose of the vaccine tomorrow. Really happy about it!

My dad is also finally vaccinated! I knew I was relieved about that, but when I finally got to talk to him about it and he was so casually talking about the experience, it hit me for real and I felt a little watery-eyed. It’s a huge relief, especially since my mom is still having long term effects that really suck.

It’s weird to start envisioning doing normal things again.

I’m really hoping I can get vaccinated before field season starts in earnest. Between long car rides with coworkers and all the staying out of town, I would feel a lot better being vaccinated beforehand.

Blog Entries

Congrats on family getting vaccinated, Kiso! That's awesome and I hope it goes well.

As for my health, I suppose it's fine. By that I mean it's no worse than it's been for a few years. Mentally I'm in a less clouded and high-stress space, but of course I'm still stressed because frankly I still have a lot of shit to figure out.

I really have to take finding some sort of help seriously now that my doctor is aware I likely have chronic pain. Hoping this new job gives me some form of benefits to get to a chiropractor for that. But this is all stuff I'm quite used to. I'm really happy the general screening criteria includes "new or worsening" to symptom checks, as for a while I was stuck in that cycle of:
    Screener: Do you have these symptoms?
    Chronically ill people: Well yes, but no.

Both my mother and step mother have their first shots of the pfizer vaccine, thanks to being health care workers. Really hoping to see more and more folks up here be vaccinated, but of course Canada has a smaller outbreak than say the USA, so we're lower down on the triage list.
    Jasper - He/him - 23
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Blog Entries

Got my first vaccine. I didn’t tell too many people ahead of time, and after I got home, my twin sister wrote me that she’d just gotten hers, too, haha.

It’s definitely made my arm surprisingly sore. Only vaccine I can think of that was comparable was tetanus, which is notorious for making people sore. I think this one might actually be a little worse, but I really can’t complain!! I mean, wow, scientists, way to get it done! A year ago I was stranded living in a warehouse and had been asked not to go back home for work breaks (lest I risk picking up virus and spreading it back). So I spent the beginning of the pandemic in a bizarro world of extreme isolation that made me probably a lot safer but also made the whole thing feel that much more surreal.