Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.
    Unfortunately something went wrong, so now I've got two problems to deal with. And jury duty to attend in the middle of it all!

It's going to be a few weeks of monitoring to see whether my treatment is successful, and THEN I will have to deal with the second thing. It's really been a serious of highly-unlikely complications in a row. Just a streak of bad luck.

Sending lots of care to you, Kiso! I really hope things go as well as they can from here on out and that things are able to be resolved as smoothly as possible <3

Oh wow. I hope everything turns out alright.

Blog Entries

I ended up having to have emergency surgery yesterday evening after we learned the (unpleasant chemotherapy) drug I’d been given wasn’t working well. It did a great job making me feel like crap all week though!

All good, though! And the other complication actually resolved itself. We got back really late. There’s a lot of waiting around when surgery is happening, and I’d had to be admitted to the ER, which probably upped the chaos levels. Didn’t get home til like 2am.

I’ve never had surgery before, so I was pretty scared, but I got to sort of relieve myself of that fear.

I’m going to miss running during recovery, and I can’t strength train for even longer, but it’s all worth it.

Blog Entries

I'm really glad to hear that you got that resolved and are safe.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

That's an enormous relief Kiso, I'm happy to hear the issue's been treated and the second issue has resolved itself. Recovery is rough, but the alternative is best to be avoided.
    Jasper - He/him - 24
    Alolan Marowak Fictherian - Dragon-Hearted
    Wildly curious and here for a good time.

Blog Entries

I feel way better dealing with post-op discomfort than with the uncertainty and illness of the past week. Like, I'm practically fine now, and in way better spirits. I heal like a beast, so my husband is already struggling to wrangle me to rest. I don't like being sedentary! I'm told walks are good, though, definitely getting in some walks today.

Scary as shit week, though. I've never had such a medical emergency before. I've been to urgent care plenty of times for my various Kiso Incidents of injury, and last year I had a couple bizarre spontaneous things like a surprise lymph infection and an inexplicable slowly spreading fullbody rash that may have been an atypical case of West Nile.

But I've never had a "you're getting treatment now or you may die" sort of medical situation come up.