Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

Welp, my brother is back from the Boston area, so it looks like my household is going into full lockdown. Doing our best to make sure no one can get infected if he's asymptomatic, but I'll be honest, the procedures within the house seem to be a combination of somewhat impractical and somewhat insufficient.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Still holding up out here
    Ran around backyard like a rat in a cage

I still begrudgingly breathe. I am so grateful my guild is around. Gaming communities make being indoors for long stretches bearable, but I do not trust my brain to keep pace with all the hygiene. I am trained for food-grade health, but everyone makes mistakes after awhile, and the more mistakes one makes, the more chances you might not catch the mistake in time to correct it. It is super upsetting that the water cooler I asked for for Christmas never happened, as it has left me drinking precious bottled water. (my tap water has a fecal taste; do not ask, I do not know) Playing around with filtration methods and other stuff is a struggle as I am between antidepressants, so willpower is about as scarce as everything else.
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

Blog Entries

Got word I've lost an extended family member to the virus. She was very elderly and I'd actually never met her, so the loss is only personal in the biological sense. But it does give me an eerie feeling of danger. The degrees of removal dwindle. Numbers turn to names. April and May are going to be really strange.

I haven't seen my partner in about a month, and I will have to contemplate later this month whether I can ethically sneak a (well-isolated) visit home. Given that my "housemates" at the warehouse are doing a bit of coming and going, it's not like I'm violating any agreements here, but it's also not like that justifies potentially increasing anyone's exposure.

Still doing fine. Daily hikes and a regular schedule help, but being separated from my pets and partner during something like this is harder. And though I don't find myself feeling consciously stressed out about the situation, the subconscious increase in anxiety means I'm finding myself tiring out faster than I usually would and requiring more rest.

Worse dame year of my life. Health wise, I am good and bad. Good in that I haven't been sick from the virus and no colds either. But I need surgery from my appendix and a hernia but I am all healed up. Now, I got to deal with another problem. I got lumps under my lower inside jaw because I may have been brushing my teeth too hard. I went to the doctors yesterday and they said to try and avoid that area and see what happens and too wash my mouth out with salt water. But other then that I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedShadow View Post
    I still begrudgingly breathe. I am so grateful my guild is around. Gaming communities make being indoors for long stretches bearable, but I do not trust my brain to keep pace with all the hygiene. I am trained for food-grade health, but everyone makes mistakes after awhile, and the more mistakes one makes, the more chances you might not catch the mistake in time to correct it. It is super upsetting that the water cooler I asked for for Christmas never happened, as it has left me drinking precious bottled water. (my tap water has a fecal taste; do not ask, I do not know) Playing around with filtration methods and other stuff is a struggle as I am between antidepressants, so willpower is about as scarce as everything else.
    Consider a LifeStraw or other water filtration?

Blog Entries

Well, apparently I caught something during my trip out to get some cat food last week.

It started about two days after my shopping trip. Tightness in my chest, chest pain, kind of hard to breathe, fatigued, slightly warm, general weakness. I still managed to get out of bed, but I had to hold onto the kitchen counter so I didn't splatter on the floor.

Then came the nausea. I can honestly say that it feels like having the flu. Sometimes I was hungry, sometimes I had no appetite (this was common), sometimes I'd cook dinner, take one look at it and feel sick from the sight and smell of food.

It's been over a week and I'm finally feeling better. I get slightly winded if I move around too much or talk on the phone. Exerting myself also seems to make my temperature rise a little, then I sweat and feel tired again.

But I'm still alive and breathing. Don't know what I have, all I know is that it's very unpleasant.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Blog Entries

The two week caution period that started when my brother came back ended a couple days ago. We're all fine, and there was no indication that any of us had had it.

Stay well, everyone. Together we'll weather this storm.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Last Monday I started a new job. Was desperate for money and a start to a career. My job is at a construction site and it became immediately obvious that absolutely nothing was being done to protect people's health. Nobody had masks, and maintaining physical distance from one another is more or less impossible on a building project. There's no running water or hand sanitizer available either, so it's really only possible to wash your hands before coming to work and after leaving. The Swedish company managing construction simply didn't care. The only thing they cared about was finishing the project as quickly as possible after about half the workforce left the job due to the pandemic.

On Saturday evening, I started developing a cough. It steadily worsened and I went to work this Monday. That night I continued to get worse and decided to contact my boss and let him know that I would probably miss work the rest of the week. I continued getting worse. Coughing fits, painful breathing, runny nose, sore throat, and arthritis like pain in most of my joints to the point that at times I have barely been able to stand or walk. I consulted with my doctor yesterday and she believes that I have the coronavirus, but no testing is available to confirm it. It seems there are so few tests that they can only afford to test people that are basically at death's door and are in the emergency room. It also came out in the news yesterday that there was an infected worker at my construction site who was active on the site the same week I started, so there's little doubt.

Stay home if you can, this thing is pretty awful.

Generic replacement message to fill character requirements.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 22nd, 2020 at 07:50 PM.