Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Checking in: how's your health?

Blog Entries

Still? I'm so sorry to hear it. That sounds incredibly stressful for both of you.
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; July 20th, 2020 at 06:40 PM.

I'm also sorry to hear that. A month is a long time to have to endure an illness even without other stressors. I really hope the situation improves for her and you soon.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

I'm really sorry to hear this, Kisota. That's a long time to go through something like that...
    Hoping things improve for you all soon.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I really hope she improves soon.

Blog Entries

I've heard of that happening. Hope she gets better quickly.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

That's frightening, Kisota. Not just because of what you and your family are going through, having to sit back and watch and know that there is nothing anyone can do, but it's also scary because those are the same symptoms I had back in April. Especially the fever that got better in the morning, exhaustion, being winded even during the simplest things like talking on the phone, and the persistent brain fog.

For weeks after I got sick it's like my mind just wouldn't work anymore. I was so forgetful, I was misplacing things a good two or three times a day, walking into a room then not remembering what I went there for. I think it lasted for like a month afterwards.

And now I'm scared because I need to make a trip to the bank on Saturday, then go grocery shopping next week. I tempted to wear a scarf over my mask. Just pile on as many layers as I can because I'm paranoid.

I hope your mom recovers soon. You have my love and prayers for both you and your family, Kisota. Stay strong. We're here for you.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.

Blog Entries

Thank you all very much. The strong feelings I have about this pandemic on both a broad and a personal level are hard to articulate. I don't want to ramble or get carried away. But the worry and frustration and pain are very intense.

Thankfully my health is ok! I've had alot of headaches recently, but that's pretty normal for me, especially in the summer. It's been both hot and rainy here and humidity seems to take a toll on me. I've felt a bit gross in recent months. Thankfully though it's not too major, and given the current situation I can be thankful for that.

Blog Entries

It’s been months and my mother still sees the lingering effects. I saw an article about some people reporting HAIR LOSS from the virus too! There’s so much we just don’t know. The heart damage being seen in a lot of people is also terribly concerning. It’s a real Satan’s grab-bag of a virus. I hate to think of all the lifelong impacts it might have on young people too. I really could not afford to lose lung or heart function in my line of work... and nobody at all should have to deal with it.

It’s frustrating watching the rest of the world making so much more progress with reducing transmission.

Blog Entries

It is frustrating, I understand, Kisota. In my state we were doing okay for a while. Then once they started reopening businesses, the number of cases skyrocketed. We've got over 1,000 cases in the county where I live, and only a couple weeks ago we had less than 100. Now there's hundreds of cases in my town and I'm afraid of going out for fear of catching something.

I'm still making trips out for the essentials and doing okay, though. Not happy that I have a doctor's appointment this week, because a clinic is the last place you want to be during a pandemic. But I'm alright. Just going in so I can get refills on my prescription. Hopefully I won't catch anything while I'm out.
    Last edited by Hazel Moon; August 12th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
    We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
    Love knows no limits, not even death.