Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Outdoor adventures photo-share thread!

Blog Entries

Really beautiful photos.

I'm a little jealous of all these places you've been going to! I do think traffic really ruins a lot. There was a hiking trail I went to recently and the mountains carried the noise of car engines from very far off and it was close to impossible to just turn my mind off of it. People I've encountered on the trail are generally unobtrusive and polite, but I do appreciate complete solitude from the rest of the species in the rare moments I can get it.

Blog Entries

Thanks. Most of the areas I've been have been fairly out of the way--even the BLM land I went on, which has roads nearby, was low traffic due to being unpaved. Nearly undriveable, really; I nearly got stuck on the way there.

You see much wildlife, when you went?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Unfortunately not. This week or next, I'm going to travel a bit further afield to go to more remote areas, but the places I've been going to have so much traffic you can hardly go for five minutes without running into another person. I've been in such mountainous terrain that anything above or below eye level(which is most everything) is almost completely shielded by foliage, so if there's been anything there, it's well hidden. So much so that there were really no good photo opportunities at all. Chalk up another thing I dislike about Appalachia, but we'll see how the trails I haven't been to yet are.

Blog Entries

Well, good luck in your next travels, then. I hope you see a lot of good birds or something, there.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier