Thread: Chess!

Default Chess!

If any of you would like a game of chess, I've set up an open challenge on chess.com:

https://play.chess.com/4p9f

I've set the game to be regular chess rules with a maximum time limit of 48 hours between moves. You'll need to open a chess.com account, which is free and easy enough to do.

I'm by no means at an advanced level -- I've only played occasionally as a hobby for about 8-10 years -- but I'm happy to play against anybody, whether you're a beginner or some grandmaster.

If the link doesn't work or you want to send me a game invite directly (e.g. with a different time limit), you can use this link:

https://chess.com/play/lupuspaws

I might even organise a Werelist round robin tournament if there's enough interest!
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

Well, I'm very much a beginner, but I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: So I've confirmed I'm embarrassingly bad at chess.
    Last edited by cheetah; July 10th, 2020 at 05:03 PM.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    EDIT: So I've confirmed I'm embarrassingly bad at chess.
    It was a good attempt! I think the problem was in your first move where you moved your pawn to f4, because it didn't help you to develop any of your other pieces nor take control of the centre.
    "We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be––the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer––which is, in reality, no more than the reflected image of ourself." – Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

Oh hell naw.

I'm someone with aphantasia who literally can't see the chess configurations you normal people conjure up in your heads or in your mind's eye. I'm just gonna lurk. But if you've already got Cheetah confuzzled, that's saying something.

Do you guys have ketchup popcorn spice in the USA? Like ketchup chips in Canada. But for popcorn. In a container that you shake all over your popcorn, along with your Salt & Vinegar and your Cheddar Cheese.

It's really good. *shakes bag*

Blog Entries

You know, I don't think we do.

Also, if someone wants to challenge me, here's my link: https://www.chess.com/member/citrakayah?play=1
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier