Thread: Animal Crossing!

Default Animal Crossing!

Does anyone else here play animal crossing? c: I've been playing New Leaf for about 7 years and New Horizons since launch day. What do you think of it? If you play it, tell me all about your islands!

I have been playing New Horizons a few weeks after it launched. I used to play it often a while after I got it but I am a little bored of it now. I am sure I will pick it up again in the future though. I like the game even though I never played any of the other Animal crossing games and it's not really a type of game I usually play. I got my favorite islander which is Roscoe! So I am content with that hah.

I played New Horizons avidly when it first came out. I used to play New Leaf, but I was frustrated by how limited a lot of the customization felt. I feel like New Horizons addresses all of my complaints about New Leaf and then some. The timing of New Horizons was also so perfect in terms of the pandemic: my partner and I got the game as a "quality of life" purchase right when it came out, and it was the best decision I think we made for shelter-in-place. Can't go outside? That's okay 'cause we've got this beautiful world we can explore and customize and enjoy as much as we want. Admittedly, I fell off of playing New Horizons probably about two months ago, but I do plan to return to it, especially after hearing about all the recent updates.

As a more therian-related aside about the games, when I first got introduced to New Leaf, I didn't realize I had to play as a human character and felt so let down that I almost didn't play the game. It still low key bothers me that in a game full of cute anthro characters, I'm stuck forced to be human =\

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmuffins View Post
    I played New Horizons avidly when it first came out. I used to play New Leaf, but I was frustrated by how limited a lot of the customization felt. I feel like New Horizons addresses all of my complaints about New Leaf and then some. The timing of New Horizons was also so perfect in terms of the pandemic: my partner and I got the game as a "quality of life" purchase right when it came out, and it was the best decision I think we made for shelter-in-place. Can't go outside? That's okay 'cause we've got this beautiful world we can explore and customize and enjoy as much as we want. Admittedly, I fell off of playing New Horizons probably about two months ago, but I do plan to return to it, especially after hearing about all the recent updates.

As a more therian-related aside about the games, when I first got introduced to New Leaf, I didn't realize I had to play as a human character and felt so let down that I almost didn't play the game. It still low key bothers me that in a game full of cute anthro characters, I'm stuck forced to be human =\
    It really was perfect timing! Who would have thought huh? And I agree, New Leaf's customization definitely did feel a bit limited at times. No choice about where the river was, houses being planted everywhere and everywhere... especially before the welcome amiibo update!! So many of my perfect paths got ruined by house plots TwT I'm so glad you can choose those things in New Horizons!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmuffins View Post
    This was the exact reason why I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the game; being the only human in a world full of animals felt almost cruel haha. But luckily I was able to ignore my character pretty much and just focus on my island.

Same! c: And as much as I would love to be an animal I've always had fun making my humans too. I ended up making the max of 8 characters in NH! It's been really fun, but also I'm in so much debt now ;v; this darn raccoon is going to be the death of me one day lol...

Quote Originally Posted by wildlife View Post
    being the only human in a world full of animals felt almost cruel haha.
    Exactly! It's so validating to hear I'm not the only one who's felt that way. I feel like in New Horizons it's better because there's so much character customization. It sucks I have to be human, but I can have pink hair and embody my ideal pastel goth aesthetic in my clothes, house, and decor, so I do really like that.

Yes!! The customization is so much better! No more annoying questions!